GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Corn husks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/175955-corn-husks.html)

Chris[_14_] 15-06-2008 09:41 PM

Corn husks

Do corn husks make good mulch?

Chris

Bill[_13_] 15-06-2008 11:09 PM

Corn husks

In article
,
Chris wrote:

Do corn husks make good mulch?

Chris

Anything that was once alive is 4 stars. Anything that passed thru a
digestive tract is 5 stars.
Guess the idea of esthetics can come into play. Ugly today can be
beauty in time. Instant results seem a nice concept but not long
lived. \

Bill Musing

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Book "Our Media Not Theirs" Many Stars

George.com 16-06-2008 11:37 AM

Corn husks

"Bill" wrote in message
In article
,
Chris wrote:

Do corn husks make good mulch?

Chris

Anything that was once alive is 4 stars. Anything that passed thru a
digestive tract is 5 stars.
Guess the idea of esthetics can come into play. Ugly today can be
beauty in time. Instant results seem a nice concept but not long
lived. \

I harvested my corn, it was late & not finally harvested until early this
month, I laid the corn waste across the garden beds. It is not much of a
'mulch' but will add organic matter as it rots over winter. The used cobs go
on the garden around some trees.

rob

Chris[_14_] 16-06-2008 02:35 PM

Corn husks

On Jun 16, 6:37 am, "George.com" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

In article
,
Chris wrote:

Do corn husks make good mulch?

Chris

Anything that was once alive is 4 stars. Anything that passed thru a
digestive tract is 5 stars.
Guess the idea of esthetics can come into play. Ugly today can be
beauty in time. Instant results seem a nice concept but not long
lived. \

I harvested my corn, it was late & not finally harvested until early this
month, I laid the corn waste across the garden beds. It is not much of a
'mulch' but will add organic matter as it rots over winter. The used cobs go
on the garden around some trees.

rob

I am mainly interested in keeping the weeds down. I'm lucky enough to
have 2 nice composters. Mind you, I'm not complaining about the
fertilizer aspect of the husks :)

Chris

Billy[_4_] 16-06-2008 06:18 PM

Corn husks

In article
,
Bill wrote:

Book "Our Media Not Theirs" Many Stars

New York : Seven Stories, 2002.

Tragedy and farce : how the American media sell wars, spin elections,
and destroy democracy / John Nichols and Robert W. McChesney
New York : New Press : Distributed by W.W. Norton, 2005.

At 211 pages, very readable.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars