GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stapling sweet peas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/1762-re-stapling-sweet-peas.html)

SugarChile 22-02-2003 01:03 AM

Stapling sweet peas

Makes sense to me. I use large staples, the kind you tap in with a hammer,
to hold my kiwi vine onto the fence. Works like a charm.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Polar" wrote in message

Yes, you read right.

After trying all kinds of supports, I settled on stapling my
sweet pea vines to the wood fence.

The netting didn't work because it got all tangled up with the
roses lining that path.

Stapling isn't actually as brutal as it sounds, if you manage
to get the staples around the vine, or maybe through a leaf.

--
Polar

Bot Grl 22-02-2003 01:27 AM

Stapling sweet peas

Great idea! I was using the twist ties that come with your garbage bags -
but it was time consuming and not very attractive.

Sally

mmarteen 26-02-2003 04:15 PM

Stapling sweet peas

We have a staple gun that also takes staples which create a little box, good
for attatching cables to a wall without actually stapling through the
cables, for example. I never thought of using it in the garden, thanks for
the tip. Don't think I will be able to use it for the sweetpeas though,
since I plan to put them on a metal trellis.

mm