GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brocolli seed germination (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/176325-brocolli-seed-germination.html)

[email protected] 26-06-2008 06:02 PM

Brocolli seed germination

I planted some bocollit seeds around three weeks ago, but they have
not germinated. They were new seeds for this year. I planted them in a
large container, and because I was going to be gone for a week, and
could not water them while I was gone I placed plastic bags on top of
the containers to retain moisture. The temperatures were probably in
the mid to upper 80's while I was gone. Would the seeds have rotted,
or was the temperature too high for germination? I know borcolli likes
cool weather. I plan to plant some more now, and the temperatures will
be in the mid 80's, but I do not plan to put plastic on them. I have
grown brocolli seeds in the past with no problem.

Thanks

Tom