Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Swallowtail caterpillar in my garden

I found it yesterday on a volunteer dill plant that grew up in the pole
beans. I thought it was a Monarch; they look very similar. Today it
has almost doubled in size already, and the dill plant is just about
gone. I might need to move it to another dill plant, or that 5 foot
tall carrot plant that is blooming. I don't know if they like to be
moved... It's not gonna eat my beans if I leave it alone and it runs
out of dill, will it? The beans would be a nice protected place for it
to pupate. It's odd that there's just one.

Bob