GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Topped Leylandii by mistake (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/176736-topped-leylandii-mistake.html)

kefalospaul 10-07-2008 03:45 PM

Topped Leylandii by mistake

Hi

When I planted some five foot Leylandii last year I took off about six inches off the top ie the growing tip because I thought it might help establish them better.Now twelve months on they are growing outwards but are flat topped with no or no discernible vertical growth.Will they grow vertically or have I made a big mistake as I wanted them to grow quickly and keep them at about eight feet.

OOPS!

Regards

Paul