GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My way of weed control (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/17686-my-way-weed-control.html)

Ablang 26-04-2003 03:08 AM

My way of weed control

My way of weed control to kill weeds after they have grown is to scoop them up
with my shovel and flip it upside down, thereby killing the plant. And since I
didn't pull the weed, I lose no soil.

Is this a good method? I just started doing this. Should save me from
spending all that $$$ on RoundUp.

"Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence. Oh it's true! It's damn true!"
-- WWE wrestler & Olympic Gold medalist, Kurt Angle

zxcvbob 26-04-2003 03:56 AM

My way of weed control

Ablang wrote:
My way of weed control to kill weeds after they have grown is to scoop them up
with my shovel and flip it upside down, thereby killing the plant. And since I
didn't pull the weed, I lose no soil.

Is this a good method? I just started doing this. Should save me from
spending all that $$$ on RoundUp.

"Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence. Oh it's true! It's damn true!"
-- WWE wrestler & Olympic Gold medalist, Kurt Angle

It works until you have to deal with a perennial grass or sedge, or
creeping charlie.

Best regards,
Bob