Old 15-07-2008, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Blue skies today, Hooray!!

The goddess smiled on us here today and gave the first
blue skies all day long since June 22. The smoke from
the 800 or so wildfires has been so bad, ( considered in
the Unhealthy range) that there has been very little in the
way of gardening accomplished. About 15 minutes in the
morning some days, has been about it: time to pull a few
weeds, or to deadhead the roses or the day lilies.

It hasn't seemed to bother the vegies though. I got 12
tomatoes on Fri and 12 on Sat. and about 12 today Mon
I have two plants: Park's Whopper and Beefy Boy. They
are now about 2 feet higher that their 8 foot cages.
Zucchini plant is over waist high. Babcock peaches are
now ripening.
It was 99 degrees and pretty humid today.

I saw a tiny little female Calliope Hummer Sat. the first
one ever in my garden. They are generally mountain
dwellers and she probably came down for some fresh air!

The fires are being contained slowly; the terrain for fighting
fires is extreme, steep and forested. The smoke has
hampered the use of planes/helicopters. There have been
firefighters from over 40 states here. And we are so very
THANKFUL to them ALL.

Emilie
NorCal

[IMG] code is On

Clear Blue Skies again 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 0 26-05-2011 05:59 PM
Really black skies 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 5 06-05-2011 11:05 PM
Blue skies .... but don't forget the birds 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 0 18-12-2010 09:38 AM
Lc. Sierra Skies Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 01-09-2007 03:02 AM
Summer Skies morning glory pictures (Ipomoea tricolor)! [email protected] Australia 2 24-04-2006 04:15 AM