GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tree peony wont bloom (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/176899-tree-peony-wont-bloom.html)

[email protected] 15-07-2008 05:38 PM

tree peony wont bloom

I have 4 peonies in a south facing raised bed. 2 herbaceous, 2 tree peonies. All
grow and bloom vigorously except 1 tree peony. I think it bloomed once in 2005. Then
one branch was hanging down so low I cut it off. It hasnt bloomed since then. I also
set my figs to the east and it gets some shade in the morning, but the azalea to the
east blooms just fine.
I dont over fertilize or even over water it. So what might be the problem? It
really is large and robust otherwise. Ingrid

Bill[_13_] 15-07-2008 06:42 PM

tree peony wont bloom

In article ,
wrote:

I have 4 peonies in a south facing raised bed. 2 herbaceous, 2 tree peonies.
All
grow and bloom vigorously except 1 tree peony. I think it bloomed once in
2005. Then
one branch was hanging down so low I cut it off. It hasnt bloomed since
then. I also
set my figs to the east and it gets some shade in the morning, but the azalea
to the
east blooms just fine.
I dont over fertilize or even over water it. So what might be the problem?
It
really is large and robust otherwise. Ingrid

Got any tiny spider mite sized red dots in the foliage? Easier to see
early on. I had to use a systemic to rid the problem. Worked
but...Nasty stuff now residing in a decaying plastic container. Peonies
are now happy and my search for upward facing blooms goes on.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

FarmI 16-07-2008 01:01 AM

tree peony wont bloom

wrote in message
. com...
I have 4 peonies in a south facing raised bed. 2 herbaceous, 2 tree
peonies. All
grow and bloom vigorously except 1 tree peony. I think it bloomed once in
2005. Then
one branch was hanging down so low I cut it off. It hasnt bloomed since
then. I also
set my figs to the east and it gets some shade in the morning, but the
azalea to the
east blooms just fine.
I dont over fertilize or even over water it. So what might be the
problem? It
really is large and robust otherwise. Ingrid

Lime, lots of lime.