Old 19-07-2008, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Just had my first ripe, from my garden tomatoes

One was a sun gold (yellow) cherry and the other a "Green Grape".
Yum

Old 19-07-2008, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
One was a sun gold (yellow) cherry and the other a "Green Grape".
Yum

I've been having them for a couple of weeks now. The "Sweet 100" plant
gives me 10-20 cherry tomatoes daily now and the growth of the plant is so
rank and rampant that it threatens to take over the back yard even though
it is growing in a homemade "Earth Box" planter sitting on the rear
retaining wall. Sadly the other tomato in the planter is not looking so
well since I broke off a major part of it while trying to re-tie it to the
support. It has a few blossoms but that its all. That's a "German Queen",
an heirloom variety which is noted for excellent taste but skimpy
production. Hope that I get _something_ from that one.

Next year I'll experiment with some sort of an espalier arrangement --
caging simply has not worked out for me at all.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]