GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My intro and some questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/177033-my-intro-some-questions.html)

Darren[_5_] 19-07-2008 09:26 PM

My intro and some questions

Hello all,
I am new to this group, and a novice at gardening.
I live on Long Island, NY (not sure of what "zone" that is).
Anyway, my question is about the Butterfly Bush(buddleia). I bought a
small one at my local nursery as a colorful addition to my back yard.
The guy at the nursery wasn't too helpful about how to plant it, so I
sort of winged it.
Anyway, it's in the ground now, in a very sunny spot.. My questions
are, does it need watering regularly? Am I supposed to keep the soil
around it moist? What kind of routine care does it need?
Sorry if these are silly questions, but am very new to this. Any tips
would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

Bill[_13_] 19-07-2008 09:57 PM

My intro and some questions

In article
,
Darren wrote:

Hello all,
I am new to this group, and a novice at gardening.
I live on Long Island, NY (not sure of what "zone" that is).
Anyway, my question is about the Butterfly Bush(buddleia). I bought a
small one at my local nursery as a colorful addition to my back yard.
The guy at the nursery wasn't too helpful about how to plant it, so I
sort of winged it.
Anyway, it's in the ground now, in a very sunny spot.. My questions
are, does it need watering regularly? Am I supposed to keep the soil
around it moist? What kind of routine care does it need?
Sorry if these are silly questions, but am very new to this. Any tips
would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

No basis for this info just what I did/do for awhile.

New plant any type water each day for a week.

Week 2 every other day

Week 3 twice a week.

week 4 once a week.

I donšt kill off too many but I do kill some. I feel the best info for
growing plants in your area resides in your neighbors.

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/perennialplants.html

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

symplastless 20-07-2008 01:49 AM

My intro and some questions

Just water enough to moisten the roots in the upper four inches. The
biggest problem during drought is over watering.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.