GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can anyone identify this plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/177274-can-anyone-identify-plant.html)

[email protected] 26-07-2008 05:35 PM

Can anyone identify this plant?

Hope this is a good enough description:

Green fleshy leaves,look a bit like cactus leaves, with regularly
spaced spikes along each edge.Leaves are about 3 feet long and radiate
to cover a diameter of about 3 feet. From centre of plant, three or
four thick stems with some smaller leaves (look same as main leaves)
and clusters of what I would describe as small teasle shaped 'flowers'
although they are light green in colour. Local bees do seem to like
them as they visit regularly.These clusters start about half way up
the stem and each stem is topped off with a clump of about 12
'flowers' of varying size.Curious to know what this is, anyone?

Charles[_1_] 26-07-2008 07:57 PM

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:35:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hope this is a good enough description:

Green fleshy leaves,look a bit like cactus leaves, with regularly
spaced spikes along each edge.Leaves are about 3 feet long and radiate
to cover a diameter of about 3 feet. From centre of plant, three or
four thick stems with some smaller leaves (look same as main leaves)
and clusters of what I would describe as small teasle shaped 'flowers'
although they are light green in colour. Local bees do seem to like
them as they visit regularly.These clusters start about half way up
the stem and each stem is topped off with a clump of about 12
'flowers' of varying size.Curious to know what this is, anyone?

Look for [pictures of aloe. Might also be a yucca. Likely not an
agave, they usually die once they've flowered(in my experience)