GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CUIL new search engine FYI (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/177341-cuil-new-search-engine-fyi.html)

Bill[_13_] 28-07-2008 01:14 PM

CUIL new search engine FYI

From over in Slashdot

theodp writes

"CNET reports that Cuil (pronounced 'Cool'), a startup founded by the
husband-and-wife team of Stanford professor Tom Costello and former
Google search architect Anna Patterson, is launching a new search engine
today that claims to index three times as many Web pages as Google."
Running a few searches left me underwhelmed with the content of the
results (hitting the next-page button on a search with a listed
62,200,000 results ‹ for "seattle" ‹ got me the unexpected error message
"We didn't find any results for 'seattle.'"), but pleased with the
actual layout of the results when it worked, so I hope the kinks are
worked out.

http://www.cuil.com/

http://www.cuil.com/search?q=planting+guide+fall

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10000379-2.html