GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Potatoes and flower pinching (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/177382-potatoes-flower-pinching.html)

[email protected] 30-07-2008 01:11 PM

Potatoes and flower pinching

Hello All,
A friend told me that I should pinch off the flowers from my potatoe
plants in order to divert that energy to the tubers. Do people feel
that is correct? I've done it for a couple years and it doesn't seem
to have hurt my crop.

Thanks for the help,
John

FarmI 30-07-2008 11:04 PM

wrote in message

A friend told me that I should pinch off the flowers from my potatoe
plants in order to divert that energy to the tubers. Do people feel
that is correct? I've done it for a couple years and it doesn't seem
to have hurt my crop.

I really don't think it would make a lot of difference either way.