GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   African Violets (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/177796-african-violets.html)

tafe-lynne 13-08-2008 04:44 AM

African Violets

How do I get rid of mealy bugs on my AV plant? I would prefer an
organic solution.

:-) Lynne

Jan Flora 13-08-2008 05:42 AM

African Violets

In article
,
tafe-lynne wrote:

How do I get rid of mealy bugs on my AV plant? I would prefer an
organic solution.

:-) Lynne

Dip a Q-Tip into rubbing alcohol. Touch it to each mealy bug. It'll kill
them and you can kind of swab the mealy bug off the leaf while you're
doing it.

Jan

Jansen Weber 05-11-2008 09:27 AM

Hi Lynne

I use a fiery chilli garlic spray which is entirely organic. Details can be found on the link below. Hope it helps

Jansen