GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/177800-weeds.html)

Chris[_14_] 13-08-2008 01:29 PM

Weeds

On Aug 13, 9:22 am, chipsandbeans chipsandbeans.
wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on removing weeds from a small paved area
at the front of my house which isn't near any gardens or plants?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

--
chipsandbeans

A thin-bladed knife to work between the paving stones will loosen
things enough to yank them.

Chris

Boron Elgar 13-08-2008 02:19 PM

Weeds

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:22:39 +0100, chipsandbeans
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on removing weeds from a small paved area
at the front of my house which isn't near any gardens or plants?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Spraying them with vinegar often does it. A repeat application may be
necessary. Just be careful not to let the spray drift onto anything
nearby you want to keep.

Boiling water also works. Just take the tea kettle out there. Again,
it may have to be repeated.

Boron

Ed 13-08-2008 04:41 PM

Weeds

On 13/08/08 14:22, chipsandbeans wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on removing weeds from a small paved area
at the front of my house which isn't near any gardens or plants?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Use sodium chlorate. Works for up to 6 months.

Ed

Zootal[_3_] 13-08-2008 06:54 PM

Weeds

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
et...
On 13/08/08 14:22, chipsandbeans wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on removing weeds from a small paved area
at the front of my house which isn't near any gardens or plants?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Use sodium chlorate. Works for up to 6 months.

Ed

Sodium chlorate is not the safest stuff to handle. Roundup might be a better
choice if we are going to resort to chemicals.

FarmI 14-08-2008 10:28 AM

Weeds

"Boron Elgar" wrote in message
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on removing weeds from a small paved area
at the front of my house which isn't near any gardens or plants?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Spraying them with vinegar often does it. A repeat application may be
necessary. Just be careful not to let the spray drift onto anything
nearby you want to keep.

Boiling water also works. Just take the tea kettle out there. Again,
it may have to be repeated.

I use the boiling water treatment too.