GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   do i mulch or dont i grrrrrr (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/177920-do-i-mulch-dont-i-grrrrrr.html)

sockiescat 18-08-2008 04:09 AM

do i mulch or dont i grrrrrr

i have done some googling and searching here & there.
i end up being told yes i should mulch then no i shouldnt
because then the plants dont harden up enough under the
mulch for the winter :(.
i live in zone 5 in southwestern, ontario, canada.
what i would like to know is should i mulch my flower beds as
i didnt get them done earlier this year and if so how late would
i be able to mulch them before it causes problems.
any input would be greatly appreciated ;).
also my brother asked me to thank you all for your input on his
grub problems. cyaaaaaaaaa, sockiescat:).

symplastless 18-08-2008 06:45 PM

do i mulch or dont i grrrrrr

--
sockiescat

If mulching is done correctly it can be done anytime of year. Any time you
can get it there. Improper mulching can be injurious anytime of year.
Mulch

Mulching -
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.