GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   i am so tired................... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/178102-i-am-so-tired.html)

readandpost 24-08-2008 10:15 PM

i am so tired...................

...............................of pulling weeds.
i even hired my sister by the hour to pull them. (close to $500. later
more weeds are growing.)
we have several berms with new trees and some perennial gardens.
the weeds are everywhere!

i spent quite sometime using ROUND UP but i think this late in the
season it isn't working very well.

we have a couple inches of mulch on each berm except where the
perennial garden is.
is that the problem? not enough mulch?

thanks group,
rosie

Bill[_13_] 24-08-2008 10:27 PM

i am so tired...................

In article
,
readandpost wrote:

..............................of pulling weeds.
i even hired my sister by the hour to pull them. (close to $500. later
more weeds are growing.)
we have several berms with new trees and some perennial gardens.
the weeds are everywhere!

i spent quite sometime using ROUND UP but i think this late in the
season it isn't working very well.

we have a couple inches of mulch on each berm except where the
perennial garden is.
is that the problem? not enough mulch?

thanks group,
rosie

Best time to weed in my opinion is before they show. Think light
cultivation before a problem not after. Thinking of all this as work
suggests perhaps downsizing.

Bill

(Lennon/McCartney)

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
No, no, no

I'm so tired I don't know what to do
I'm so tired my mind is set on you
I wonder should I call you but I know what you'd do

You'd say I'm putting you on
But it's no joke, it's doing me harm
You know I can't sleep, I can't stop my brain
You know it's three weeks, I'm going insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got
For a little peace of mind

I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette
And curse Sir Walter Raleigh
He was such a stupid get

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

raycruzer 25-08-2008 05:42 PM

i am so tired...................

On Aug 24, 2:27*pm, Bill wrote:
In article
,

*readandpost wrote:
[...]

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA- Hide quoted text -

You need an efficient weed extractor tool for this season of the
year. There are several drill-powered weeding tools available on the
Web that can speed up this heavy work to a more tolerable level. You
will also need a heavy-duty industrial drill to match up to the job.

Next season, more mulch (4 inches), minimum till. Disturb as little
soil as possible when planting and weeding.

Dee soona dee betta,

Ray

Marie Dodge 26-08-2008 01:55 AM

i am so tired...................

"readandpost" wrote in message
..............................of pulling weeds.
i even hired my sister by the hour to pull them. (close to $500. later
more weeds are growing.)
we have several berms with new trees and some perennial gardens.
the weeds are everywhere!

i spent quite sometime using ROUND UP but i think this late in the
season it isn't working very well.

You can go with scratching in a pre-emergent weed-seed killer. These
products prevent weeds from germinating. Or you can spray Round-Up as soon
as you see seedlings. Or you can use an weedgard cloth and cover it with a
nice mulch. It'll smother all seeds that germinate and lasts for years. A
few weeds may still appear from windblown sources. Get the kind rain passes
through, don't use solid plastic.

we have a couple inches of mulch on each berm except where the
perennial garden is.
is that the problem? not enough mulch?

No matter how deep the mulch weed seeds will blow into it and germinate.

thanks group,
rosie

readandpost 26-08-2008 03:55 PM

i am so tired...................

On Aug 24, 4:27*pm, Bill wrote:
In article
,

*readandpost wrote:
[...]

thanks bill!
you are so right about downsizing.
i think i will just cover most of these berms with bushes!
;)

readandpost 26-08-2008 03:57 PM

i am so tired...................

On Aug 25, 7:55*pm, "Marie Dodge" wrote:
[...]

rosie- Hide quoted text -

thanks marie.
i do believe now, that i KNOW where all these damn weeds are blowing
from!
i am going to do a night raid, on my neighbors lawn!

:)

Bill[_13_] 26-08-2008 04:01 PM

i am so tired...................

In article
,
readandpost wrote:

i think i will just cover most of these berms with bushes!
;)

Looking about for edible bushes another option.

Seems to be a few.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...ble+bushes+per
ennial&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Have Fun!