Old 27-08-2008, 04:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
KOS KOS is offline

Default grass/lawn question- lawn in New England

Hi, I have a question about my lawn..

I have noticed that on my lawn I have been having lots of dry
patches... An 'expert' came over and said I have bent grass- since
there were once many golf courses in the area at one time. They
suggested that we aerate the lawn and then overseed with a blend of
grass seeds.. Does this seem like the right approach to deal with
bent grass?

My questions

1) They also recommended applying lime- would that help the lawn?
would it help bent grass?
2) They recommended nutsedge treatment-- is that crucial to do?

Finally I have a 5 application lawncare program.. Early Spring, Mid
Spring, Early Summer, Late Summer, Fall

if one has bent grass do they need all 5 or not?

Thanks
KOS
Old 27-08-2008, 04:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
KOS wrote:

Hi, I have a question about my lawn..

I have noticed that on my lawn I have been having lots of dry
patches... An 'expert' came over and said I have bent grass- since
there were once many golf courses in the area at one time. They
suggested that we aerate the lawn and then overseed with a blend of
grass seeds.. Does this seem like the right approach to deal with
bent grass?

My questions

1) They also recommended applying lime- would that help the lawn?
would it help bent grass?
2) They recommended nutsedge treatment-- is that crucial to do?

Finally I have a 5 application lawncare program.. Early Spring, Mid
Spring, Early Summer, Late Summer, Fall

if one has bent grass do they need all 5 or not?

Thanks
KOS

Get a soil test and decide yourself. Lawncare program reminds me of
B.T. Barnum. Not to demean but lawn culture is alien to me. Guess you
live in an area where lawns are of import.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...sedge+treatmen
t&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Herbicide stuff.

Bill with a small weedy lawn.