Old 29-08-2008, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bean vines climbing above netting

What to do? I have ambitious Yellow Wax Bean vines practically
RUNNING up the 6' netting against block wall. Some are now waving
tendrils desperately. Never had this sitch before.
Will I upset production if I cut off the top of the vines? Or what?
Please rush solution g Tx

Hypatia
Old 30-08-2008, 05:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

Pole beans can easily reach ten feet or more. I think mine are about 12 feet
long right now, and still going strong. I'm not sure what the record is -
I'd like to grow them against a 25 foot pole just to see how high they can
grow before the end of the growing season. The vines that run over the top
of whatever they are climbing on will eventually bend down and wrap around
the top of your netting, grow up again, bend down, etc. You end up with the
vine travelling along the top of the netting, and a concentration of vines
across the top. If you netting can handle it, then don't worry about it.

I use an 8 foot 1x2 wooden trellis. The reach the top and grow along it, and
I can just reach the top to harvest the beans that make it that high.

Old 30-08-2008, 07:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Zootal" wrote:

Pole beans can easily reach ten feet or more.
I think mine are about 12 feet long right now,
and still going strong.

I'm not sure what the record is -

Fe Fi Fo Fum -

LOL I should have seen that coming....

Old 08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered User

Smile

'Zootal[_3_];813388']
"Zootal" wrote:

Pole beans can easily reach ten feet or more.
I think mine are about 12 feet long right now,
and still going strong.

I'm not sure what the record is -

Fe Fi Fo Fum -

LOL I should have seen that coming....

i have climbing beans as well and they must be around the 8 foot or more
mark. they hang and twist here and there but the netting is well able to
handle them. so like zootal has said if your netting can take it then dont
worry about it . enjoy your beans. cyaaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.