GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dead Husqvarna chainsaw (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/178960-dead-husqvarna-chainsaw.html)

psychopath 03-10-2008 04:16 PM

Dead Husqvarna chainsaw

My Husqvarna 321EL is dead. I've changed the fuse in the cable plug, but when switched on no noise or anything comes from the chainsaw. It was working fine last time it was used so I cannot understand why it stoppped working whilst sitting in the box. The only thing I can thing of is that the chainsaw oil has travelled inside the unit and gummed up the eletronics. Any other causes?

Chainsaw has only been used once.

Sheldon[_1_] 03-10-2008 07:15 PM

Dead Husqvarna chainsaw

psychopath wrote:
My Husqvarna 321 EL is dead. I've changed the fuse in the cable plug,
but when switched on no noise or anything comes from the chainsaw. It
was working fine last time it was used so I cannot understand why it
stoppped working whilst sitting in the box. The only thing I can thing
of is that the chainsaw oil has travelled inside the unit and gummed up
the eletronics. Any other causes?

Chainsaw has only been used once.

Are you powering it correctly, it needs a 230V outlet.

You can ask he
http://www.husqvarna.co.uk/node1556.aspx?pid=48

psychopath 04-10-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Sheldon[_1_
/color]
Are you powering it correctly, it needs a 230V outlet.

Yeah connected to mains.

psychopath 04-10-2008 03:51 AM

I've downloaded the manual (lost the original) and cannot find what the button on the right side does, apart from a similar brake release slot

psychopath 04-10-2008 03:58 AM

Also I cannot freewheel the chain by hand, I've tried the guard in both positions, and pressing the button. I wonder if the chainsaw is stuck with the brake activated?

sockiescat 04-10-2008 08:07 PM

psychopath;818077 Also I cannot freewheel the chain by hand, I've tried the guard in both positions, and pressing the button. I wonder if the chainsaw is stuck with the brake activated?

i would very definitely check the chain brake as your saw wont start if that
brake is on.
also i would contact the place that sheldon gave u the link to or a dealer
in your area and they might be able to help u more. good luck. cyaaaaaaa, sockiescat.

chuckie 08-10-2008 02:29 AM

Dead Husqvarna chainsaw

On Oct 3, 10:31*pm, psychopath
wrote:

/color]

--
psychopath

perhaps your power cord is bad or where you are plugging it at the
fuse has blown.