GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jatropha Curcas to Grow Biodiesel Oil? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/179116-jatropha-curcas-grow-biodiesel-oil.html)

Al[_5_] 11-10-2008 04:51 PM

Jatropha Curcas to Grow Biodiesel Oil?

Does anyone grow a href="http://www.petroplants.com"Jatropha Curcas/
a that doesn't live in southern states? From what i've read, it
can't be planted where the ground freezes in the winter, or there are
frequent frosts. But i'd like to know how well they grow in
greenhouses, or with some other type of covered protection. I'm in the
midwest, and would really like to grow my own biodiesel fuel.

Along the same lines, does anyone grow ANY tropical plant or tree up
north? Will palm trees grow indoors or in greenhouses and survive
winters?