Old 22-10-2008, 01:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hibiscus Mutabilis, Confederate Rose

The gentleman who gave me 5 cuttings last year which have now grown and are
beautifully blooming, says for me to cut them down almost to the ground when
the plants hiburnate. Is this really necessary?
Jackie

Old 22-10-2008, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Jacqueline Davidson wrote:
The gentleman who gave me 5 cuttings last year which have now grown and are
beautifully blooming, says for me to cut them down almost to the ground when
the plants hiburnate. Is this really necessary?
Jackie

I've heard this too. Where mine are we will get lots of wind in the winter.

--
Sheila
http://swdalton.com
Old 23-10-2008, 12:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Sheila, if you cut yours, lets trade some cuttings. Mine are dbl pink and
bloom about 4 days before turning darker.
email me if you are interested.

"Sheila" wrote in message
. ..

Old 23-10-2008, 01:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Jacqueline Davidson wrote:
Sheila, if you cut yours, lets trade some cuttings. Mine are dbl pink and
bloom about 4 days before turning darker.
email me if you are interested.

"Sheila" wrote in message
. ..
Jacqueline Davidson wrote:
The gentleman who gave me 5 cuttings last year which have now grown and
are beautifully blooming, says for me to cut them down almost to the
ground when the plants hiburnate. Is this really necessary?
Jackie

I've heard this too. Where mine are we will get lots of wind in the
winter.

--
Sheila
http://swdalton.com

I thought they were all alike, but sure, I'll trade you. Mine are a
medium pink and seem to stay that way.

--
Sheila
http://swdalton.com

[IMG] code is On

Confederate rose hibiscus J. Davidson Gardening 5 05-11-2007 08:50 PM
Confederate Rose SWD Gardening 1 30-10-2006 01:31 AM
Green worms on my Confederate Rose Pam Gibbs Gardening 2 24-06-2004 07:02 PM
Confederate Rose mallow Tom Wurl Gardening 1 23-10-2003 01:42 AM
Deadheading Mutabilis! Shiva Roses 7 28-06-2003 01:56 AM