GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shrivelled flowers on Acidanthera (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/179696-shrivelled-flowers-acidanthera.html)

EV[_3_] 11-11-2008 10:43 AM

Shrivelled flowers on Acidanthera

This year the leaves looked normal, but the flowers were all
shrivelled up and never opened. I've had this same problem with
tulips. Once shrivelled, always shrivelled. I'm wondering if it's the
same with the Acidanthera. If they're going to be shrivelled next
season too, I don't want to bother storing the bulbs for the winter.
Anyone have a clue what's going on? I'd hate to throw them out if
there's a possibility they'll be OK next year because I have dozens of
bulbs.