GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What plant is this?! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/179930-what-plant.html)

iloveplants 24-11-2008 09:15 PM

What plant is this?!

I was hoping someone can help me tell what this plant is!

Also its going a little yellow, how do I stop this, and finally can someone tell me where I can get a lime green plant pot online, I think it needs repotting.

Many thanks

Marsha 24-11-2008 09:37 PM

What plant is this?!

It looks like as sago to me. Mine is grown outside.

'[image: http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9988/dsc00026dr2.th.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/62sbcw)'[image:
http://img135.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]'
(http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

kris anthem um 25-11-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveplants (Post 823493)
I was hoping someone can help me tell what this plant is!

Also its going a little yellow, how do I stop this, and finally can someone tell me where I can get a lime green plant pot online, I think it needs repotting.

Many thanks

IT is a cycad of some variety, plants go yellow for any number of reasons...including the location (enough sun/light), too much or too little light,and even the breeze or a fan/aircon.Your best bet is to give it some blood and bone a good soaking and a short holiday to a shady outdoor area or greenhouse, hopefully the yellowing is lack of nitrogen which is easily fixed. Cycads are extremely fragile, when it comes to repotting/transplanting them, so get a book or source some more advice before u try. hope i was some help CHEERS kris

Benno Bös 25-11-2008 07:49 PM

What plant is this?!

iloveplants schrieb:

I was hoping someone can help me tell what this plant is!

Cycas revoluta

--
************ das GIFTPFLANZEN.COMpendium ************
mit Winterfutter für Naturfreunde - das vielleicht schwerste Naturrätsel der Welt