GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pricing disparities FYI (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/180661-pricing-disparities-fyi.html)

Bill[_13_] 05-01-2009 11:19 PM

Pricing disparities FYI

I plant 20 caladiums each late spring amongst my hosta's in the
shade. I like white in dark spots for dramatic contrast. Went to White
Flower farm where they offered White Christmas of $10 a bulb. Yes you
read that read that right. Parks offered 5 for $10. Guess where I
went.

Perhaps a misprint or just insane.

Bill who treats caladiums as annuals.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

enigma 07-01-2009 02:17 PM

Pricing disparities FYI

Bill wrote in
:

I plant 20 caladiums each late spring amongst my hosta's in
the
shade. I like white in dark spots for dramatic contrast. Went
to White Flower farm where they offered White Christmas of $10 a
bulb. Yes you read that read that right. Parks offered 5 for
$10. Guess where I went.

Perhaps a misprint or just insane.

White Flower Farms tends to aim for the high end market. it annoys
me that they give plants their own names, making it harder to compare
pricing.
OTOH, Parks frequently has smaller bulbs/plants, which is why the
prices are lower.
i'm trying to decide what new veggies to try this year.
lee