GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hydrangea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/180699-hydrangea.html)

Dan Listermann 08-01-2009 10:56 PM

Hydrangea

I have a hydrangea that belonged to my grandmother. We have had it about 15
years and, due to some construction, had to move it three years ago. It has
never done very well, before or after the transplant. Last year our new
puppy pretty much leveled it. It came back this past summer, but never
thrived. It looks like short twigs now. It has buds. I would like to get
it in shape tot eh point that I could give cuttings to others in the family,
but that seems a long way off.

What is the best way to crank it up?

Buderschnookie[_2_] 09-01-2009 05:44 PM

Hydrangea

"Jangchub" wrote
Rehab on hydrangeas is pretty easy
if you have decent soil and moisture.

And put a small fence around it until the puppy gets some age and
discrimination, and the shrub regains some size.
I have over 300 small fences around plants right now waiting for the latest
puppy to get some sense :)

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky