GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Watering trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/181223-watering-trees.html)

Richard[_3_] 14-02-2009 05:50 PM

Watering trees

What is the difference if I have a well around the tree which holds 10
gallons of water and then fill it up or soak the tree for 2 and a half hours
with 4 gallons per hour emitters?

brooklyn1 14-02-2009 06:49 PM

Watering trees

"Richard" wrote:

What is the difference if I have a well around the tree which holds 10
gallons of water and then fill it up or soak the tree for 2 and a half
hours with 4 gallons per hour emitters?

How to water any tree depends on a number of factors; the planting zone, the
type of tree, its size, the kind of soil, amount of full sun received, how
well established, etc.