GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree blossoms & late spring, Washington D.C. area (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/182250-tree-blossoms-late-spring-washington-d-c-area.html)

Charles Packer 03-04-2009 12:46 PM

Tree blossoms & late spring, Washington D.C. area

Looks like the growing season in Washington D.C.
has been delayed a bit. The silver maple in
http://cpacker.org/aa.html
was blossoming in the image of April 1 last year, but
not in the image taken on the same day this year.
Now that I'm in the second year of a tree-photographing
project, I'll be able to compare images taken on the
same month and day a year apart. I'll post another
pair when the tree gets to the same stage it was
on April 1 last year. (Time-lapse movies for spring and
fall last year are at http://cpacker.org/trees )

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews

[email protected] 03-04-2009 01:41 PM

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:46:11 -0700 (PDT), Charles Packer wrote:

Looks like the growing season in Washington D.C.
has been delayed a bit. The silver maple in
http://cpacker.org/aa.html
was blossoming in the image of April 1 last year, but
not in the image taken on the same day this year.
Now that I'm in the second year of a tree-photographing
project, I'll be able to compare images taken on the
same month and day a year apart. I'll post another
pair when the tree gets to the same stage it was
on April 1 last year. (Time-lapse movies for spring and
fall last year are at http://cpacker.org/trees )

How are the Cherry Blossoms along the Potomac ??? Magnolias??
Saturday is supposed to be nice weather.... is it worth the trip ???

Peter

Charles Packer 04-04-2009 12:16 PM

On Apr 3, 8:41 am, wrote:
How are the Cherry Blossoms along the Potomac ??? Magnolias??
Saturday is supposed to be nice weather.... is it worth the trip ???

The wind has been howling all night, but I've just
returned from my pre-dawn photo-shoot and noticed
that the various blossoming trees in our neighborhood
have retained theirs. So the cherry blossoms are
probably a good bet.

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews