GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rachel Causton (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/182469-rachel-causton.html)

RACHEL CAUSTON 09-04-2009 06:08 PM

Rachel Causton

Our garden is not far from the river and the bottom of the garden often floods. It is also quite shaded by trees. We have a small fence running along the bottom which I would like to plant to give some extra colour to an otherwise green area. Can anyone suggest a climbing plant, which flowers, that will tolerate partial shade and flooding? Thank You

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 12-04-2009 08:23 AM

Rachel Causton

RACHEL CAUSTON wrote:
Our garden is not far from the river and the bottom of the garden
often floods. It is also quite shaded by trees. We have a small
fence running along the bottom which I would like to plant to give
some extra colour to an otherwise green area. Can anyone suggest a
climbing plant, which flowers, that will tolerate partial shade and
flooding? Thank You

Your location would help, the type of soils and duration of floods would be
good too.

David.