GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Begonias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/182657-begonias.html)

Paul 15-04-2009 04:46 PM

Begonias

Can Wax Begonias be cut back below the leaves, or will they die
if cut back this short?

Thanks
Paul

brooklyn1 15-04-2009 06:47 PM

Begonias

"Paul" wrote in message
Can Wax Begonias be cut back below the leaves, or will they die
if cut back this short?

They'll likely leaf out again but to be safe I'd start a few new plants by
layering the leaves you plan to remove.

D. Arlington[_2_] 15-04-2009 08:43 PM

Begonias

"Paul" wrote in message
Can Wax Begonias be cut back below the leaves, or will they die
if cut back this short?

Thanks
Paul

I cut mine back in Jan and they're now bushy and full of flowers. I did
leave a leaf or two on each one and started a week fertilizer solution as
soon as I saw new growth.