Old 17-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered User

Default Planting Hydrangea Seemannii In Pots

I have a 30` wall to cover and have bought a couple of hydrangea seemannii. They are in 3 litre pots at the moment. Unfortunately I cannot plant them in the ground as the wall is about 4-5` away from the earth. Can anyone suggest how I go about growing these plants so they will cling to the wall. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 17-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyfeet View Post
I have a 30` wall to cover and have bought a couple of hydrangea seemannii. They are in 3 litre pots at the moment. Unfortunately I cannot plant them in the ground as the wall is about 4-5` away from the earth. Can anyone suggest how I go about growing these plants so they will cling to the wall. Any help would be appreciated.
For a start, a 3-litre pot is far too small for a permanent home. You will need to obtain really large planters or tube. If you can get a pair that fit into a corner and flat against the wall, all the better. The plant grows to about 15 feet high, so it will have a substantial root structure. I do not see them as good tub candidates, I am afraid.