Old 17-04-2009, 09:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default preserving garden fences

How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?
Old 17-04-2009, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

"Graham Knott" wrote in message
How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?

Never.

Old 17-04-2009, 03:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Graham Knott wrote:
How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?

NEVER!

See this site, http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp85.html for
creosote health effects information.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 17-04-2009, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Graham Knott" wrote in message
How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?

Telephone poles do not get re-creosoted, why should your fence? I
can think of numerous finishes that are much better, but you did not
state the material in your fence. I use Cabot semi-transparant
decking stain on my (20-year old) wooden deck every 3-4 years.
Old 17-04-2009, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

"Graham Knott" wrote in message
How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?

Telephone poles do not get re-creosoted, why should your fence? I
can think of numerous finishes that are much better, but you did not
state the material in your fence. I use Cabot semi-transparant
decking stain on my (20-year old) wooden deck every 3-4 years.

Creosote Exposure and Health Effects
Apr 24, 2008 ... Creosotes including coal tar, coal tar pitch or coal
tar pitch volatiles has been deemed extremely hazardous to human health.
Side effects ...
http://www.articlesbase.com/environm...re-and-health-
effects-395357.html
--

- Billy

Old 17-04-2009, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

"Graham Knott" wrote in message
How often should garden lapboard fencing be creosoted?

Telephone poles do not get re-creosoted, why should your fence? I
can think of numerous finishes that are much better, but you did not
state the material in your fence. I use Cabot semi-transparant
decking stain on my (20-year old) wooden deck every 3-4 years.

Creosote Exposure and Health Effects
Apr 24, 2008 ... Creosotes including coal tar, coal tar pitch or coal
tar pitch volatiles has been deemed extremely hazardous to human health.
Side effects ...
http://www.articlesbase.com/environm...re-and-health-
effects-395357.html

If not creosote the what? and how often?
Thanks

[IMG] code is On

Garden Fences Davej Edible Gardening 19 24-05-2011 07:54 PM
Preserving Aponogeton crispus bulbs Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
Preserving Aloe Vera? Nicholas J Ruggiero Plant Biology 1 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Preserving Aponogeton crispus bulbs Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 05-03-2003 11:03 PM
Preserving and drying orchids. Howard Orchids 0 28-01-2003 12:54 AM