Old 23-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

Disaster, my potato crop as succumbed to the dreaded Blight. It has been going round the allotments for weeks now. I had been spraying the foliage with neat EM's once a fortnight and had thought that the EM's were working for me. However when the plots on either side of me became infected during the long rainy spell I must have forgotten to spray my crop. On checking how much liquid EM was left this proved to be the case!!!

I appear to be the last plot infected and put this down to error on my part in not spraying with EM's when I should have!!

It is my organic Cara potatoes which are the worst affected, they are supposedly more resistant to blight!!! This is my first ever infection of blight, I have therefore cut down the haulms to 3 inches above the ground with no attached leaves. I will also water the soil with neat EM's, hopefully the crop should continue to grow for a further fortnight and then be lifted.

Obviously the prevailing weather conditions had a lot to do with this, but I still believe that it was my failure to spray which allowed the airborne fungal spores to infect my crop!!!!

This is my first real setback, and most likely, not my last, I will now be gathering and drying Horsetail fronds for use as a possible remedy to the onset of this disease. The herb Equistum arvense( Horsetail) has a long history in the treatment of fungal diseases especially in humans. I will now set my mind, to as. and how best, to employ the herb for the purpose of protecting my potatoes in future.

My thinking is to possibly subject the fronds to an EM liquid culture whereby the fronds will have their medicinal value broken down. This may I think make the spray more effective as a deterrent, but this will obviously be for next season.

This has negated any seed saving from this years potato crop as late blight is known to be carried by tubers of infected plants.

It is late blight that my crop has been infected with, and as I understand it there is no effective organic cure for this once a plant is infected. I will lift whatever there is to harvest and hope that the blight has not got down to the tubers. However, again as I understand it, late blight can only survive on living tissue.

This would mean that it is imperative that I remove every last little marble sized tuber from the soil to ensure no reoccurrence of this disaster!!!

I feel that the changes now taking place in the gulf stream air system will become more of a problem in the coming years. I don't for a minute think that this is a one off situation, I believe that this may become a regular occurrence within our weather system.

We are living in interesting times!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Registered User

QUOTE]

Hi All,
It never rains, but it pours!!!!! all of my alliums,garlic, onions and shallots have been decimated by White rot!!! I am absolutely gutted, this good and friable soil held a dark secret, it is ridden with White rot There were none of the usual signs of the disease above ground. However when lifted the roots and bulbs were a mass of white filaments, I lifted a couple of shallot plants and onions all with good green stems and discovered that they too were infected.

All of the above were planted in the raised beds of my plot. It looks like I will be seeking another move whereby I can continue to experiment. The real problem is people buying garlic and shallots sets from supermarkets to save money and planting these cloves and sets in their plots!!!!!! It is also due in no small
measure to people not using a recognised crop rotation plan!!!!!!

I think that this proves that EM's have no effect on this disease in their natural form, however if they are subjected to the waste produce of alliums and breakdown this waste it may well be beneficial to water this fluid onto infected soil to awaken White rot spores, and there being no allium plants to feed off will hopefully cause the White rot to die.

Most of our supermarket garlic and shallots come from much warmer climates where although white rot is rife within the soil, however it remains dormant during their growing season. This is due to the temperature being constantly above 64 deg F. This the approximate temperature below which white rot will awaken from dormancy. Now when an allium plant sets down roots into the soil infected by white rot at temperatures below 64 deg F it will infect the roots of said plant!!!!

My fear is that we will end up being unable to cultivate alliums in allotments in the UK due to this.

"These supermarket bought Alliums although not affected by White rot are carriers of white rot disease!!!"

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless open
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

There are two possible remedies to my white rot problem, one is garlic granules which I am now going to fork into my infected raised beds. This I will do when burning my infected crops, whereby I can cleanse the fork in the flames of said fire. The other is spring onion chopped up and subjected to EM fermentation, both will awaken the white rot within the soil.

Now as there will be no roots for the fungus to feed from the fungus awakened should die. This as understand it requires to be done for at least two seasons to be sure of a viable outcome. The first season the granules will be shallow dug into the soil, the second season the granules will be deep dug into the soil then watered with the EM fermented spring onions on the newly exposed infected soil.

Will it work, I am hopeful that using both remedies will permit me to once again to cultivate alliums in this soil.

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless its open
Old 15-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

I have now lifted two of my blight ridden main crop rows. I did not expect much as main crop potatoes are only beginning to increase in size at this time of year.

However I went through the motions of assessing the inoculated and non-inoculated % in growth.

The Cara inoculated were 46% greater than the non-inoculated, which was in keeping with last years results. However I think that this would have been much higher if they had gone full term.

The Ratte inoculated were 43% greater than the non-inoculated, I like the look of this potato, it has none of the knobbly protrusions of Pink Fir Apple. I will definitely cultivate this potato next season as there were many marble sized small tubers which would have gone on to produce a really good crop.

My Congo blue were sprouting new foliage, but I lifted them anyway. As expected I got no crop worth the mention. The largest tubers were the size of gooseberries and the smallest the size of blueberries.

What was interesting was the root system, it is reminiscent of couch grass being a mass of long strong pure white tendrils. I can see this potato being worthy of cultivating again, however it requires early planting, and I believe, a long season of growth to produce a good crop.

I could have kept the gooseberry sized tubers for next season but was mindful that late blight does infect tubers so will dispatch them to the fire.

I will be burning all of the halums and roots of my potatoes along with the immature sized tubers as a means of ensuring that all diseased growth and root is dispatched to a fiery grave!!!

Uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless open
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

I am about to buy some Garlic granules on the Internet. I have done some research on their usage in killing off dormant White rot spores within the soil. It appears that this is a viable means of reducing or even eliminating White Rot especially within the reasonably small areas of raised beds such as mine. It is good to know that there is a remedy for this scourge without resorting to bonfires to burn it out of the soil!!!

For those of you living in the UK the best offer I have found for this product, is 3 kg for 12.79 postage and packing free. MedicAnimal.com

I eventually managed to get 14 clumps of shallots from the 40 bulbs planted, but again the increase in yield was only 32% of inoculated as opposed to the un-inoculated. I am pinning my hopes on my new formula to provide more growth potential for alliums in next seasons harvest.

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute, its totally useless unless its open

Old 28-09-2012, 12:45 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

Just about ready to create my inoculation formula for next season. I will begin the breakdown of the charcoal in the next couple of days Wetting of the charcoal before shredding is a must to prevent a dust storm which would make you very unpopular with your neighbours.

This shredded charcoal will be deposited in one of my two 80 litre sealed lid bins. When the bin is full I will then begin the layering process in the second bin. This involves adding alternate amounts of blood, fish and bone and chicken manure pellets and other ingredients as I fill this container. This should ensure that these ingredients are well mixed with the charcoal and absorbed when the inoculation liquid is added. Once this liquid has been added the lid will then be sealed and allowed to over winter.

However, it is the apparent lack of significant increase in most alliums growth which worries me. This may be due to the VAM's available to us in the UK. All VAM products are not the same. In researching the Internet I found that America, Australia and New Zealand all have VAM products with a much more diverse range of VAM's within the mix. We in the UK have Rootgrow which although seems to work reasonably well with leek, potato, peas and to a slightly lesser extent with beans it would seem not to be the answer!!!.

There are other VAM products available in the UK but the prices are mostly out of my reach to purchase. But as I say it maybe that these products may have VAM's with a stronger affinity to allium and other crop growth potential. It is also worthy of note that these foreign producers of VAM's state that their product can be kept indefinitely!!!! I leave you to draw your own conclusions, but it does seem similar to the EM scenario.

I believe that I know the type of product which we need, but doubt that it will ever be produced in the UK. This because this country is so tied into Multi-national big money that it would never see the light of day!!!! Germany on the other hand seems to be the only country to do as it see's fit with regards to how they cultivate the soil. They have food laws far superior to any other country in the world, and are at the apex of all alternative power systems. They are the front runners in all things green and are decade ahead of the UK in their thinking.

And remember that they have bought vast tracts of fertile soil in Africa untouched by chemicals to use their Palaterra soil product on.

It is also strange that so little information is available as to the change over in Germany to a Palaterra soil in the media!! You would think that an organic soil capable of increasing food production by a considerable margin would be big news across the world. There is also the fact that it will apparently reduce the use of inorganic fertilisers by 80%, and as yet nothing much reported!!

PS:- Has anyone noticed the ridiculous prices for Garlic bulbs, If ever there was a need to seed save our own garlic for planting out in autumn this is it!!!!!! Thompson & Morgan are the worst, £4.99 per bulb and postage at £4.95!!!!!!!! Its entirely up to you, but I will be seed saving the best of my garlic bulbs for planting out in the autumn next year!!!!!! It is the same with seed potato and many other essential crops, we are being ripped off big time!!!

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless it is open

uriel13
Old 28-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Registered User

Location: California

uriel13[/quote]

Do not use charcoal ash in your compost pile. It may contain elements that are harmful to certain plants. And also do not use ash from black walnut wood. It contains chemical elements that are harmful to plants.
__________________
Fruit Trees
Old 29-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen73 View Post
uriel13
Do not use charcoal ash in your compost pile. It may contain elements that are harmful to certain plants. And also do not use ash from black walnut wood. It contains chemical elements that are harmful to plants.[/quote]

Hi Allen,

Don't quite understand the point that you are making, I don't use charcoal ash I only use charcoal.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Registered User

[/QUOTE

Hi All,

Planted out my Garlic about a month ago,as usual I planted Vayo. I had also intended to plant out Bella Italiano, I only got 4 bulbs worth saving from last seasons disaster with white rot, but they tasted so good that I had hoped to grow them again. Unfortunately in my order I was sent a substitute, apparently the Bella Italino had a very poor crop!!.

I eat my Garlic raw and always have done with my food as it is the only way of receiving the best of the medicinal virtues of Garlic. The true medicinal virtues of garlic dissipate within 15 to 20 minutes of having been crushed. What is left is the digestive. and to a much lesser extent the cardio vascular virtues of this wonderful herb.

I am cultivating them on a patch of soil which I hope has not been infected by White rot, but only time will tell!! As usual I use a bulb planter to plant my cloves, this permits me to add inoculated charcoal and compost under the clove where it is most needed. I also sprayed each individual clove and hole with neat EM's to ensure that the VAM's are in an environment best suited to their well being, as in a regenerative soil.

One of my 80 litre sealed bins has been filled with charcoal inoculated and sealed to over winter. Now as I only have two bins the next lot of rendered down charcoal was bagged in plastic liners ready for inoculation. As always I wear a face mask when rendering down and adding charcoal to the bins this is an essential piece of kit for your well being!!! I also wear safety goggles for similar reasons, although charcoal is the most important ingredient of TP we must take care to protect ourselves !!!

Now the inoculated charcoal I have used for my garlic is last seasons batch. I am therefore not expecting the results for the inoculated harvest to be much more than 30 to 35% above normal planting. This was about the range for alliums in last season experiment. However I have decided next season to change the source of VAM's in order to see if the more abundant range of VAM's will have a greater affinity with alliums If such is the case then I may post it on this site.

I am still scouring the internet for sources of other microorganisms which may be useful to this quest. This primarily is because there is, as I have come to understand, a unity of purpose within the world of good microorganisms. Their role is to preserve the balance within Mother nature, God bless EM's!!!!!

This was brought home to me when I treated a pond in a park with EM's and saw life return to its waters which were toxic. It is what these microorganisms do if we work with them, we need to realise that we are not the sharpest tool in the box!!!! As I have said before these life forms were here billions of years before us, and will still be here when we are gone, to clean up the mess which we modern humans have left!!!

PS:- I also noticed that The Organic Gardening Catalogue are selling "Carbon Gold Growchar at £9.95 for 2.5kg. Obviously they don't say what is in it, but at that price I would expect to find some gold!!! The only thing that I pay for at the moment is the charcoal and VAM's, all of the nutrients come from my plot and my kitchen.

PPS:- This is a very interesting site which goes into great detail on the numerous types of garlic and how they are categorised, well worth a read. Gourmet Garlic Gardens - A Garlic Information Center and Boutique

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless its open

Uriel
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

In my continuing further research on VAM's I have discovered some interesting facts about them. I just thought that I would pass some of it on.

They apparently came into being in the Devonian period approximately 350 to 460 million years ago.It would seem that it was due to their presence that the land was colonised by plants.

VAM's can survive in the soil for long periods of time both as spores and as hyphae( filaments). This would therefore rule out digging of the soil as a disadvantage to their well being.

The life span of a VAM is apparently between 20 and 27 days dependant on class.This means that crops like sweet corn, potato, leek, onion and all other alliums should produce large quantities of spores. However this is, I believe, based on the VAM culture employed. We need to find a culture which will achieve best results, especially with alliums!!! This is my present quest, however I am mindful that specific mycorrhiza must be present within the product!!!

Both host VAM plants and VAM's have preferences as to what is an acceptable symbiotic relationship. This may, I believe, be the problem with Rootgrow. It has been suggested in some articles that our native VAM's may no longer be fit for purpose and that foreign VAM's be employed to regenerate the symbiotic link
between the hosts and VAM's.

This sounds like good logic to me, if a major part of our crop potential is faulty we need to fix it. This is not something which will have an ill effect within our soil, VAM's are VAM's no matter where they come from!!!!!
Its a no brainer to expect our government confront this problem, its only the city, stock brokers and banks that they have an interest in!!!!! Call me cynical if you will, but that's how I see it, If we want to solve this problem we need to do it ourselves!!!!

VAM's produce spores with relatively thick walls which makes them all but impervious to attack by natural predators within the soil. They are also relatively immune to soil diseases. However they are killed off, and or, denatured by the poisons we now use to cultivate crops!!!

VAM's , as I have found out,have a symbiotic relationship with EM bacteria which have been found to be resident in a sac within their spores, and said spores appear have great longevity within the soil. The period of dormancy will last until conditions are suitable for their revival. These EM's within the spores facilitate the growth of VAM's once contact with a VAM type plant is made. I have often thought that EM's make symbiotic relationships with all life on this planet. They seem to be one of Mother nature's greatest tools for the preservation of life in all of its forms on this planet!!!!

VAM's also have another ability, they appear to be capable of changing into another class of mycorrhiza if the vegetation changes within the soil in which they inhabit. This happens when their dormancy is prolonged over a great period of time. In this situation the VAM spore will alter its class to that of the most abundant VAM vegetation growing within the soil. This I believe is one of the reasons why they have survived for hundreds of millions of years. However they now require to deal with manmade chemicals, poisons which alter how they function within the soil. As I have often said before, Mother nature's rule is, "do what you must do in order to survive". This edict is not harmful to microorganisms as they will mutate to survive whatever assails them to ride out the condition This is how they work, We modern humans have a lot to answer for in
how we presently cultivate our soil for commercial cropping to feed the population.

This is why the never ending battle of science with bacteria and viruses will ultimately fail, their ability to mutate will only cause them to become more resilient to whatever we use to kill them off!!!

It is very interesting to note that the most often used subjects of VAM experiments are carrots and tomatoes!!! A very few sites have done experiments with leeks and white onions, so why is it said that alliums have a great affinity with VAM's?????

I copied this statement from one site which I thought was need to know as to the advantage of viable VAM's within our soils :-

The AM symbiosis therefore determines the flow of huge quantities of carbon worldwide—an estimate of 5 billion tons of carbon annually may be reasonable. The cost-benefit analysis (for review, see Douds et al., 2000) and underlying mechanisms are thus of no small ecological and agricultural importance.

In the ago these microorganisms were abundant within the soil. However 50 odd years of contamination have I believe denatured, and or, killed the majority of these indigenous life forms. It is viable VAM's and EM's which now require to be purchased to revitalise our earth!!!

I have for some time now been cataloguing the specificity of individual VAM types to particular symbiotic VAM crop types. This has been a slow and laborious task, however I am now seeing the worth of this venture. The deeper I dig the more useful insight I gain as to why certain VAM types are both drawn to and reject a symbiotic relationship with specific VAM type crops.

I read a very interesting article about the VAM pathway which permits the transportation of phosphorus from VAM to plant. There is a specific gene which permits this action to take place, if not present within the VAM no phosphorus will be transported through the Hyphae to the plant roots!!! To me this sounds like the denaturing of VAM's that takes place when we circumvent Mother natures laws on how to feed the soil organically.

Most of the experiments which I have perused employed chemicals, which to me are not found in the natural habitat of VAM life forms. This leads me to believe that results from such experiments are flawed. If you wish to find out how a naturally occurring microorganism really performs you need to place it in a natural environment!!!!

These are only my thoughts, others will disagree!!

Old 27-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
Meant to put this up about 3 weeks ago but forgot, too many things on my mind at the moment.

Well the season has now officially begun for me,Just sown approximately 100 leek seeds in a tray, the base layer is my EM saturated manure. Onto this I have spread a layer of seeding compost and to this added a sprinkling of seaweed and VAM granules and another light layer of compost. Sowed the seeds added the final layer of compost, tamped down the compost lightly and watered with neat EM's.

I have decided to cultivate Blue solaice this season as my Leon crop look like being similar to last seasons crop in terms of increased growth / weight. I am using a different VAM product this season as I was not all that happy with the crop increases with most of my VAM type crops last season.

If the new VAM product proves to be a better mix of VAM's and other microorganisms then I will at some stage return to Leon. I am sure that in the right environment of VAM's and organic nutrient that this leek will show its true worth.

I will not divulge the name of the VAM product at this time as I want to be sure that It is worthy of passing on!!! I made that mistake with Rootgrow, and that will not happen again!!! As I have said before this is a learning experience with regards to how Mother nature actually works her magic within the soil.

Our soils are so much poorer than they were 100 years ago, this was highlighted by Rebecca Hosking in the documentary on Natural world on BBC. She said, and I will always remember this comment, " that she remembered a time when fields being ploughed by a tractor were followed by hundreds of birds. Now no birds follow the tractor because the soil is dead"

I read a script recently which said that chemical fertilisers act like a drug for crops, this is exactly how I feel about these fertilisers. Not only do they make the normal root foraging for organic nutrients a thing of the past, they make our crops dependant on such chemicals for growth!!!

Now we are all aware of drug abuse in humans, and how it interferes with the stability of the body and its ability to assimilate nutrients is drastically reduced . Such drugs leave the body open to disease through impaired immune systems. Apparently these chemical fertilisers have a similar effect on our crops. The shortening, and altering, of root structure is also implicated, as is the ability of the roots to make symbiotic relationships with VAM's and other microorganisms.

Just think for a minute of all the new disease variants which now affect our crops and the new products which require to be purchased to deal with the problem. Fusarium is a typical example, this disease and many others are, I believe caused by feeding our crops with chemical fertilisers!!!!!

Dead soil offers no protection to our crops, and chemical fertilisers, and chemical disease remedies only cause such diseases to alter their DNA structure to cope with the chemicals used to kill them. This leads to a never ending stream of new and ever more expensive products which must be purchased

This is only my assessment on how crops are cultivated, others will as always disagree!!!

Just like drug peddlers the companies who sell these products want to make us dependant on their products for no other reason that to trap us within the chemical cultivation system and of course greater profit margins!!!!

At the end of the day we are attempting to grow better soil of the type that we had in the past only better, a soil that works with Mother nature.

Old 19-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
I am attempting to turn over my soil and weeding my plot in preparation for planting. This digging work is sporadic due to the nature of the weather conditions.

I have also started a 5 gallon batch of EM's which should be ready for watering onto the soil when preparation is finished. These EM's will be watered on undiluted to the soil whereby the best effects of their introduction will be achieved. During the growing season I will regularly spray my crops with diluted EM's to prevent disease.

My Comfrey water butt will have an addition this season, I will be gathering Horsetail leaves and stuffing them into a nylon mesh bag and suspending them with the aid of a bamboo cane in the butt. I'm hopping that the mixture of Comfrey and Horsetail will provide some protection against blight which cost me my potato crop last season. I will also boil up Horsetail leaves and stems for use as a foliar spray on a 1:10 dilution using an unscented soap as an adherent to prevent runoff.

It should also be noted that I add a half litre of neat EM's to my Comfrey butt 3 or 4 times during the season to assist in the breakdown of the stems and foliage. This will I believe ensure that the liquid drawn off is in a form that is more easily assimilated by the roots of my crops.

With a TP type soil I have found out that EM's breakdown organic waste into a form which is much more readily available for VAM's to upload to the roots of VAM type plants. Now this being a symbiotic relationship the VAM receives nutrients and soluble carbon from the plant in kind. The more nutrition given to the plant the more nutrition received by the VAM, and therefore the more VAM spores within the soil through spore production. It is known that VAM spores have great longevity, therefore the more VAM type crops we cultivate, the more VAM spores within the soil.

uriel13

The mind is like aq parachute its totally useless unlessw its open
Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
Well all of the Topper shallots which I seed saved from last years poor harvest have survived in remarkably good shape. They are still in a dormant state with no sign of rotting, these I hope to plant out in the next two or three weeks weather permitting.

I have been checking the progress of my inoculated charcoal, it is still bubbling away but instead of the aroma of the comfrey, it is the aroma of coffee that I detect. As the weather hopefully warms up the EM's will become more lively and continue the breakdown of all the ingredients in my liquid recipe. This is what I am attempting to do, when the ingredients are broken down they will be in a state whereby they are easily absorbed by the VAM's via the inoculated charcoal.

During the winter I have been spraying my compost bins once a week with neat EM's to speed the breakdown of the vegetation added to them. Even in this cold winter the results have been quite good, but it is still cold composting!!!

Most compost bins in the UK are cold composting as there is insufficient mass to build up a lasting heat source, this is why I never allow any seeding weed material near my compost bins!!!

The forecast(UK) is its to be cold for the next fortnight at least up here and possibly more snow!!!!

No sign yet of true growth of my now emerging leek seedlings, it does not bode well for the coming season!!!

The links added below will give a better understanding of how symbiosis works within the soil.

http://www.aseanbiotechnology.info/A...t/21030984.pdf
http://www.effectivemicro-organisms.co.uk/pdf's/IPPSLecture%202007.pdf

An interesting file on the usage of human urine and stools, this was a major part of the original TP soil. However in today's world I think that it would only be possible for those who use herbal, and or, homoeopathic medication. My reasoning being that we live in a world where antibiotics and drugs are seemingly the norm in modern society!!!

http://wesnetindia.org/fileadmin/att...Harvesting.pdf

I have put these links up whereby you can assess how to proceed with your own TP experiments. At the end of the day we are attempting to grow a better soil which produces greater amounts good and wholesome crops free from chemical fertilisers and other chemical products.
Old 20-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
Potatoes, onions and shallots now planted using my new VAM product. The potatoes were dipped in neat EM liquid then sprinkled with the VAM granules so that they would adhere to said potatoes in trenches previously lined with EM treated cow manure.

The Onions and shallots had their root ends dipped in neat EM solution then lightly dipped in the VAM granule container and planted.

Other less hardy crops will be held back until after the first week in May as we always get a frost that week up here.

I am hopeful that the new VAM product will increase yield previously experienced, which although was good was not what I expected.

My only concern Is, that the change to the vegetation in my compost bins may adversely affect results. I had been using fresh South American produce to mimic what the Amazon natives would have used. However it became too expensive to continue using this produce. I instead began using packets of the dried granules of these products.

It is the more inexpensive choice but am not sure of the outcome, did some research on the dried root granules and they seem to have the same overall nutrient value.

I am still experimenting with the concept of producing my own VAM's using a scaled down aquaponics system. I have had very limited success using this method but will keep trying. As I have said before its not rocket science I just need to focus on what is necessary to make the system work for me.

When I started this TP quest a few years ago no one was talking about composting charcoal or compost teas It was only when Tonythehoe and myself began exploring this concept of how to create a TP type soil that this was siezed upon by all and sundry. Now everybody has something to say about it, however it is as I have found, not about what you use as much as the way in which you use it.

The other need is to know what crops really thrive on in the natural world. they don't need inorganic chemical fertilisers or chemical weed kiillers and chemical disease protection they need wholesome organic remedies to fulfil their needs!!!!! It is only by exploring the past and finding out what our forefathers used to protect crops that we can provide for the future!!!

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totaqlly useless unless open
Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
Sorry about lack of posting, I have sustained 2 fractured ribs and am out of the picture of at least another 2 weeks.

Fortunately I had planted potatoes, onions and shallots before accident occurred but nothing else done!!!

uriel 13

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless open.

[IMG] code is On

Use for charcoal ash. Not@home Gardening 6 06-07-2014 09:58 AM
Charcoal Ash Tim Edible Gardening 4 28-06-2007 04:15 AM
grafting white-ash onto green-ash Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 4 28-06-2004 08:38 AM
telling apart green ash from white ash Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 6 04-05-2004 11:07 PM
charcoal ash: harmful? Jay Casey Texas 1 04-10-2003 06:02 PM