GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bird watching - what is this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/182852-bird-watching-what.html)

Mycosimian 21-04-2009 04:22 AM

bird watching - what is this?

I started trying to take pics of some of the wildlife in my garden.
This guy hung around for several minutes and put on a good show. I
don't know anything about birds and couldn't find a match online.
There are several pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Larry Sheldon 21-04-2009 04:55 AM

bird watching - what is this?

Mycosimian wrote:
I started trying to take pics of some of the wildlife in my garden.
This guy hung around for several minutes and put on a good show. I
don't know anything about birds and couldn't find a match online.
There are several pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

What part of the planet is the bird on?

Are these very recent pictures?

--
Requiescas in pace o email Two identifying characteristics
of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information:
http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml

Larry Sheldon 21-04-2009 05:01 AM

bird watching - what is this?

Larry Sheldon wrote:
Mycosimian wrote:
I started trying to take pics of some of the wildlife in my garden.
This guy hung around for several minutes and put on a good show. I
don't know anything about birds and couldn't find a match online.
There are several pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

What part of the planet is the bird on?

Are these very recent pictures?

I am by no means an expert but "Hooded Warbler" would be my guess,
depending on the answers to my questions above.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/hooded_warbler/id