GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lwwn Edger (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/183051-lwwn-edger.html)

Ben[_4_] 28-04-2009 02:43 PM

Lwwn Edger

With over 400 ft of edges in my garden I'm in the market for a power
lawn edger. I don't like the idea of a 150 foot extension cord. None
of the box stores in my area (Kingston Ontario) carry anything gas
powered. I have no use for a rototiller, I understand some of them can
be used a edgers.
Another concern I have is that some edgers have a blade only so it
just makes a cut. Ideally to me an edger should cut and also trench a
bit. I would apreciate any advice from experience and the name of unit
used.
Ben

The moderator 28-04-2009 03:28 PM

Lwwn Edger

"Ben" wrote in message
With over 400 ft of edges in my garden I'm in the market for a power
lawn edger. I don't like the idea of a 150 foot extension cord. None
of the box stores in my area (Kingston Ontario) carry anything gas
powered. I have no use for a rototiller, I understand some of them can
be used a edgers.
Another concern I have is that some edgers have a blade only so it
just makes a cut. Ideally to me an edger should cut and also trench a
bit. I would apreciate any advice from experience and the name of unit
used.
Ben

I hold the weedeater with the head vertical and use it to edge with. Fast
and effective.