Old 29-04-2009, 12:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,sci.med,talk.politics.misc,rec.arts.tv,rec.gardens

Default Dumb Illegal Workers At It Again? RAW ALFALFA SPROUTS LINKED TO SALMONELLA CONTAMINATION

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:19:43 +0000 (UTC), Liberal Clown Show
wrote:

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2009/NEW02001.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 26, 2009
Media Inquiries:
Michael Herndon, 301-796-4673
Consumer Inquiries:
888-INFO-FDA

RAW ALFALFA SPROUTS LINKED TO SALMONELLA CONTAMINATION
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) today recommended that consumers not eat raw
alfalfa sprouts, including sprout blends containing alfalfa sprouts, until
further notice because the product has been linked to Salmonella serotype
Saintpaul contamination. Other types of sprouts have not been implicated
at this time.

The investigation indicates that the problem may be linked to
contamination of seeds for alfalfa sprouts. Because suspect lots of seeds
may be sold around the country and may account for a large proportion of
the alfalfa seeds currently being used by sprout growers, and cases of
illness are spread across multiple states, FDA and CDC are issuing this
general advisory.

FDA will work with the alfalfa sprout industry to help identify which
seeds and alfalfa sprouts are not connected with this contamination, so
that this advisory can be changed as quickly as possible.

CDC, FDA and six State and local authorities have associated this outbreak
with eating raw alfalfa sprouts. Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, South
Dakota, Utah, and West Virginia have reported 31 cases of illness with the
outbreak strain of Salmonella Saintpaul to CDC. Most of those who became
ill reported eating raw alfalfa sprouts. Some reported eating raw sprouts
at restaurants; others reported purchasing the raw sprouts at the retail
level.

The illnesses began in mid-March. Cases are still being reported, and
possible cases are in various stages of laboratory testing, so illnesses
may appear in other states. No deaths have been reported. The number of
infected people may be higher than currently reported because some
illnesses have not yet been confirmed with laboratory testing.

The CDC and FDA recommend at all times that persons at high risk for
complications, such as the elderly, young children, and those with
compromised immune systems, not eat raw sprouts because of the risk of
contamination with Salmonella or other bacteria. Salmonella is an
organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young
children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune
systems. Healthy individuals infected with Salmonella often experience
fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal
pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the
organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses,
such as meningitis and bone infections.

Initial investigation results trace the contaminated raw alfalfa sprouts
to multiple sprout growers in multiple states. This suggests a potential
problem with the seeds used, as well as the possible failure of the sprout
growers involved to appropriately and consistently follow the FDA Sprout
Guidance issued in 1999 http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/sprougd1.html. The
guidance recommends an effective seed disinfection treatment immediately
before the start of sprouting (such as treating seed in 20,000 parts per
million Calcium hypochlorite solution with agitation for 15 minutes) and
regularly testing the water used for every batch of sprouts for Salmonella
and E coli O157:H7 contamination.

This outbreak appears to be an extension of an earlier outbreak in 2009.
In February and March, an outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul infections
occurred in Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, and Minnesota. This
outbreak was linked to raw alfalfa sprouts, and the outbreak strain was
indistinguishable from that of these recently reported cases. A separate
outbreak of Listeria monocytogenes infections was also linked to sprouts
in 2009. In the 1990s, a number of outbreaks related to sprouts led FDA to
issue its guidance. Experience over the past decade has shown that the
likelihood of Salmonella in sprouts can be minimized when recommendations
from FDA’s Sprout Guidance are followed.

Preventive controls are very important in the growing of all raw sprouts.
FDA reminds sprout growers to be vigilant in their food safety practices
and strongly encourages sprout growers to follow the Agency’s Sprout
Guidance. Additionally, the United Fresh Produce Association has advised
all of its members to follow FDA’s guidance on sprouts. FDA appreciates
that the produce industry has reinforced this message and reminds
retailers that it is prudent to sell sprouts from growers who follow FDA's
recommendations.

For persons who continue to eat sprouts, visit (U.S. Food and Drug
Administration, 2002 consumer advisory, available at
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/tpsprout.html).

For more information on food safety, visit www.fda.gov .

Sealing the border and deportation of all illegal aliens is needed.

ted
Old 29-04-2009, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
As opposed to dumb legal workers like the thieves who just left the
Oval Office? The ones who forced us to need illegal's because nobody
will do those jobs? Oh yeah, them.

I'd like to kick GWB in the nuts just as much as you would, but he and his
sitters are not responsible for the unwillingness of Americans to do certain
types of work. I challenge anyone to find 100 typical teenagers who'd agree
to bust their asses harvesting broccoli for 8 hours at a time, even for the
legal minimum wage. Or, clean hotel bathrooms, wash pots & pans in a hot,
crowded restaurant kitchen, etc.

Statistically and logically invalid response: "I did that kind of work and
it didn't kill me." That's one. I want 100.

Old 29-04-2009, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 29, 10:06*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

As opposed to dumb legal workers like the thieves who just left the
Oval Office? *The ones who forced us to need illegal's because nobody
will do those jobs? *Oh yeah, them.

I'd like to kick GWB in the nuts just as much as you would, but he and his
sitters are not responsible for the unwillingness of Americans to do certain
types of work. I challenge anyone to find 100 typical teenagers who'd agree
to bust their asses harvesting broccoli for 8 hours at a time, even for the
legal minimum wage. Or, clean hotel bathrooms, wash pots & pans in a hot,
crowded restaurant kitchen, etc.

Statistically and logically invalid response: "I did that kind of work and
it didn't kill me." *That's one. I want 100.

There are people willing to do those jobs for those low wages because
it is a hell of a lot better than lying down on the cold, hard earth
and starving to death. I pretty sure that most of us here are lucky
enough to have other options. Anyone willing to work should be allowed
to go wherever there is work for them.

People might argue that we are losing jobs in this country by the
hundreds of thousands, but these are likely the same people who are
too lazy to pick their own vegetables, wash their own dishes, and
scrub their own toilets.
Old 29-04-2009, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

As opposed to dumb legal workers like the thieves who just left the
Oval Office? *The ones who forced us to need illegal's because nobody
will do those jobs? *Oh yeah, them.

I'd like to kick GWB in the nuts just as much as you would, but he and his
sitters are not responsible for the unwillingness of Americans to do certain
types of work. I challenge anyone to find 100 typical teenagers who'd agree
to bust their asses harvesting broccoli for 8 hours at a time, even for the
legal minimum wage. Or, clean hotel bathrooms, wash pots & pans in a hot,
crowded restaurant kitchen, etc.

Statistically and logically invalid response: "I did that kind of work and
it didn't kill me." *That's one. I want 100.

I have to apologize for my previous post, in which I said that some
people are lazy. I know that there are many hard-working citizens of
this country who do not believe that anyone should enter this country
illegally. I should not have attacked them for their views, simply
because I disagreed.

Further, I apologize for replying to a troll thread, even if other
people already replied to it, and also for making so many off-topic
posts in the ng today.

Old 29-04-2009, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Apr 29, 8:06*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

As opposed to dumb legal workers like the thieves who just left the
Oval Office? *The ones who forced us to need illegal's because nobody
will do those jobs? *Oh yeah, them.

I'd like to kick GWB in the nuts just as much as you would, but he and his
sitters are not responsible for the unwillingness of Americans to do certain
types of work. I challenge anyone to find 100 typical teenagers who'd agree
to bust their asses harvesting broccoli for 8 hours at a time, even for the
legal minimum wage. Or, clean hotel bathrooms, wash pots & pans in a hot,
crowded restaurant kitchen, etc.

Statistically and logically invalid response: "I did that kind of work and
it didn't kill me." *That's one. I want 100.

We managed to harvest the crops during WW2 with over 2,000,000 in
uniform. Get rid
of the illegals and the crops will be picked. Farmers will pay more
for labor but the
overall societal benefit will be tremendous.

en
Old 29-04-2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

[...]

====================

You'll need to change the law so that citizens can be FORCED to take certain
kinds of jobs.

Bill Clinton had an interesting idea: Offer juicy educational benefits for
young people who do the crap jobs normally done by immigrants (legal or
illegal). The idea fizzled. He was probably preoccupied by the fake saints
and their blowjob investigation.

Old 29-04-2009, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

[...]

=============

Exactly. There's also "You just sprayed WHAT on this field???"

Old 30-04-2009, 05:45 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

wrote
JoeSpareBedroom wrote
Jangchub wrote

As opposed to dumb legal workers like the thieves who just left the
Oval Office? The ones who forced us to need illegal's because nobody
will do those jobs? Oh yeah, them.

I'd like to kick GWB in the nuts just as much as you would, but he
and his sitters are not responsible for the unwillingness of
Americans to do certain types of work. I challenge anyone to find
100 typical teenagers who'd agree to bust their asses harvesting
broccoli for 8 hours at a time, even for the legal minimum wage. Or,
clean hotel bathrooms, wash pots & pans in a hot, crowded restaurant
kitchen, etc.

Statistically and logically invalid response: "I did that kind of
work and it didn't kill me." That's one. I want 100.

We managed to harvest the crops during WW2 with over 2,000,000 in uniform.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed that WW2 ended quite some time ago now.

Get rid of the illegals and the crops will be picked.

Like hell they will. They'll rot and the food will be imported from mexico instead.

Farmers will pay more for labor

Like hell they will. Because what is imported from mexico will be much cheaper.

but the overall societal benefit will be tremendous.

Mindlessly silly. Even someone as stupid as you wouldnt benefit from slaving in some field, ******.

It wouldnt even kill off ******s like you. No one would be stupid enough to pay you a cent.

Old 30-04-2009, 06:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Dumb

In article
,

wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

[...]

On the other hand, people who look like you don't give a rat's ass about
this country and will send the dirty work to cheaper suppliers or bring
in greencard slaves who have to work for less because they can't shop
their skills around. Ideas that have been created at national expense in
our universities find home in exploiting foreign labor. Why are we all
rushing to the bottom of the barrel, instead of insisting on workers
rights that exist in Europe? European workers are being told that they
must compete with over worked Americans. Why don't we insist on being
given the benefits that European workers have (five weeks paid vacation,
health care, maternity leave with pay, a day to clean the grave of a
loved ones). Until a few years back, every forth year, Germans were
given a week to recuperate from their excesses at a spa. Hello,
Protestant America, denial of the flesh doesn't lead to salvation. Quite
the opposite.

And stop using this white racists subject line, it defiles us all.
--

- Billy

Old 30-04-2009, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 30, 12:22*am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

*Mycosimian wrote:
On Apr 29, 10:06*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

moment of conception until death." *- Rachel Carson

Oh you totally got me pegged. I just fit right into your mold.
Old 30-04-2009, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 30, 12:22*am, Billy wrote:

On the other hand, people who look like you don't give a rat's ass about
this country and will send the dirty work to cheaper suppliers or bring
in greencard slaves who have to work for less because they can't shop
their skills around. Ideas that have been created at national expense in
our universities find home in exploiting foreign labor. Why are we all

All of my rat asses are reserved for those who really need them. In
some places they are the only available food source. Like, probably
that place where Dell shipped 8,000 jobs recently. Sorry over-priced
USians, you can always pick lettuce.
Old 30-04-2009, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:47:23 -0700 (PDT), Mycosimian
wrote:

There are people willing to do those jobs for those low wages because
it is a hell of a lot better than lying down on the cold, hard earth
and starving to death. I pretty sure that most of us here are lucky
enough to have other options. Anyone willing to work should be allowed
to go wherever there is work for them.

People might argue that we are losing jobs in this country by the
hundreds of thousands, but these are likely the same people who are
too lazy to pick their own vegetables, wash their own dishes, and
scrub their own toilets.

Companies like Dell Inc. which made many tax incentives in Texas and
the minute those incentives expired, instead of giving back they
shipped 8,000 jobs out to India, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, etc.
My husand who did get his five weeks vacation, seniority and the rest
were all cast aside like cattle to the slaughter house.

Deregulation is what is ruining this country and I hope under the new
administration we will cancel a lot of what the last administration
did to the country. After eight years this country is 13 trillion
dollars in debt, mostly to China. We better pray they don't make the
margin call, oh great gamblers of the last presidency.
Victoria

So far Obama is on track to quadruple the National Debt in four years. If
you bought into the Obama hype as a fiscal conservative then you were duped.
If you ignore the amount of money he has budgeted in his first 100 days then
you are a fool.

It is not the deregulation that provides incentive for employers to go off
shore. It is the tremendous regulation in this country. Foreign
competitors don't have to abide by very many regulations.

This must be opposite day.

Old 30-04-2009, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 30, 7:46*am, Mycosimian wrote:
On Apr 30, 12:22*am, Billy wrote:

On the other hand, people who look like you don't give a rat's ass about
this country and will send the dirty work to cheaper suppliers or bring
in greencard slaves who have to work for less because they can't shop
their skills around. Ideas that have been created at national expense in
our universities find home in exploiting foreign labor. Why are we all

All of my rat asses are reserved for those who really need them. In
some places they are the only available food source. Like, probably
that place where Dell shipped 8,000 jobs recently. Sorry over-priced
USians, you can always pick lettuce.

Geeze, there I go again. I'll eventually get the hang of this.
Old 30-04-2009, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Dumb and dumber

wrote:

[...]

You are so profoundly, egregiously wrong, but that wouldn't interfere
with you adding fecundity to a garden as compost.

From Reagan's "It's morning again in America.", to Gingrich's Contract
on America, to "suuuuue wiiii pig, pig, pig" from "The Worst President
Ever" standing next to the American, fiscal trough, deregulation is what
America's politicians have been paid to do and they have done it to our
detriment.

To bring up that particular mantra now, after being responsible for a
world wide financial collapse is like suggesting we put out a fire with
gasoline.

I don't like the President's approach on Shrub's vanity wars or his
response to our economic problems, otherwise he seems to be doing a fine
job.

But blaming the President, barely 100 days in office, for the last eight
years of chicanery and theft is contemptuous.

And to continue the subject line of a white-power racist, puts you
beneath contempt, but that is probably where your sympathies lie.
--

- Billy