GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   weeding advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/183492-weeding-advice.html)

KLB79 11-05-2009 12:34 PM

weeding advice

The time has come to tackle a large area of overgrown weeds in my garden. Been putting it off but must do something before they take over the entire garden! Thinking about buying some weed killer to start with and noticed online that Roundup has a cash back offer on so thought I might go for that. Has anyone used Roundup before and if so, is it any good and any helpful tips when using it. Any help would be appreciated as I have never used a weedkiller before. Thanks.

JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] 11-05-2009 06:32 PM

weeding advice

"KLB79" wrote in message

The time has come to tackle a large area of overgrown weeds in my
garden. Been putting it off but must do something before they take over
the entire garden! Thinking about buying some weed killer to start with
and noticed online that Roundup has a cash back offer on so thought I
might go for that. Has anyone used Roundup before and if so, is it any
good and any helpful tips when using it. Any help would be appreciated
as I have never used a weedkiller before. Thanks.

Do you have any plans for planting edibles in the area where you clear out
the weeds?

brooklyn1 11-05-2009 07:11 PM

weeding advice

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"KLB79" wrote in message

The time has come to tackle a large area of overgrown weeds in my
garden. Been putting it off but must do something before they take over
the entire garden! Thinking about buying some weed killer to start with
and noticed online that Roundup has a cash back offer on so thought I
might go for that. Has anyone used Roundup before and if so, is it any
good and any helpful tips when using it. Any help would be appreciated
as I have never used a weedkiller before. Thanks.

Do you have any plans for planting edibles in the area where you clear out
the weeds?

Do you know how to spot a troll... couldn't be more obvious.

Billy[_7_] 11-05-2009 07:40 PM

weeding advice

In article ,
KLB79 wrote:

The time has come to tackle a large area of overgrown weeds in my
garden. Been putting it off but must do something before they take over
the entire garden! Thinking about buying some weed killer to start with
and noticed online that Roundup has a cash back offer on so thought I
might go for that. Has anyone used Roundup before and if so, is it any
good and any helpful tips when using it. Any help would be appreciated
as I have never used a weedkiller before. Thanks.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/DMPGR.php
ISIS Press Release 11/02/09
Death by Multiple Poisoning, Glyphosate and Roundup

http://www.naturalnews.com/023254.html
Monsanto: History of Contamination and Cover-up
--

- Billy

Liza 17-05-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLB79 (Post 844034)
The time has come to tackle a large area of overgrown weeds in my garden. Been putting it off but must do something before they take over the entire garden! Thinking about buying some weed killer to start with and noticed online that Roundup has a cash back offer on so thought I might go for that. Has anyone used Roundup before and if so, is it any good and any helpful tips when using it. Any help would be appreciated as I have never used a weedkiller before. Thanks.

I don't do chemicals, but I don't have a huge garden. I dug over our front & back by hand, pulling out every clump of weed/grass/moss that i found. Once the soil had been tilled it was easy to pull out the baby weeds as they reappeared. Alternatively, less labour intensive is to lay old carpet on the unwanted greenery, after a few weeks the plants will die from lack of light & start to compost themselves. Good luck.