GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pest. What is a good way to deter them, without chemicals? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/183551-pest-what-good-way-deter-them-without-chemicals.html)

butterflygirl 13-05-2009 08:02 AM

Pest. What is a good way to deter them, without chemicals?

HI... I was wondering what options i have for detering pests from my garden. I have a couple of pepper plants in my backyard and i've noticed that insects have started to circle around the area. They aren't destroying anything yet, but I have a feeling that it's only a matter of time.

Any suggestions? Thanks... in advance.

David E. Ross 13-05-2009 05:18 PM

Lots a lemons

On 5/13/2009 12:00 AM, butterflygirl wrote:
I have a "lots of lemons" which desperately needs to be repotted into
its lifetime pot but it is always in fruit or flowering. I don't want
to kill it what will I do? I have L Plates.

Lemons are ever-bearing. They have no season but flower and produce
fruit year round.

Just repot it. You might lose some fruit; but in a home garden, even a
dwarf lemon can produce more than you can use.

For a do-it-yourself recipe for potting mix, see my
http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_potting_mix.html. Also, see my
http://www.rossde.com/garden/dwarf_citrus.html.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Phisherman[_3_] 13-05-2009 06:34 PM

Lots a lemons

On Wed, 13 May 2009 08:00:44 +0100, butterflygirl
wrote:

I have a "lots of lemons" which desperately needs to be repotted into
its lifetime pot but it is always in fruit or flowering. I don't want
to kill it what will I do? I have L Plates.

A agree with the other post, just repot it. Set it in the dark for a
day or two after transplanting to help reduce the stress. Expect it
to drop some leaves, but in a few weeks you will see new growth and a
happier plant.