GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/183628-seeds.html)

Bill[_13_] 20-05-2009 03:43 PM

Seeds

In article ,
"Jean B." wrote:

Sigh. People are so... ?blind? ?uncaring?

Think of us as a bell some saints some evil with a lot of real folks in
between.

For those of us who do see, this is puzzling at best. Shouldn't
the life of the planet, of its flora and fauna, outweigh things
like monoculture lawns?

Got watch our with the idea that before you can comment one has to
remove the stake in ones own eye.

I was thinking about this a tad (well, I frequently think about
the issue as a whole, since there are constant reminders of it in
life) and thought I would relate one little thing. I knew that a
former relationship had NO hope when the other party said casually
said that he used pesticides and herbicides to appease his
neighbors. Casually. As if it made no difference!

Your other may have changed in time.

It would be nice for all if like-minded people could live in some
sort of community.

A commune ! Well communes are made of people some like "The Farm aka
Steven Haskin's" and some like "Jonestown aka Jim Jones" . Like minded
folks may sound neat but differences may promote growth and afford the
idea of progress to unfold. Nation states can fall in this likeness
trap very easily.

I had hoped to move someplace where MY views
would not bother neighbors, but now I have no idea where I am
moving to....

No one will notice if you take a low key approach and keep your views
to yourself . Where ever you move to there you are . Hippie stuff
could hell myself.

I am rambling....

I'm attracted to rambling myself but also encourage social
interaction / studies. May learn new tricks :))

Bill Reminded of Richard Feyman's book title. "What do you care what
anyone else thinks."

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Frank 20-05-2009 10:42 PM

Seeds

Amateur wrote:
On May 15, 4:25 am, Frank wrote:
SteveB wrote:
A neighbor has just informed me that he has been having a problem getting
seeds from a local nursery. Seems the government has something to do with
it. Anyone heard anything?
Steve

Yes, Obama administration is going after companies like Burpee that only
give you a dozen seeds for $2.98. Obscene profits and misuse of TARP
funds are driving seed companies to bankruptcy.

Thrilled to hear it (if true - couldn't find a citation). Monsanto is
my favorite
object of international hatred. Among the other unconscionable things
they do:
SELL water to indigenous people (S. America, I think I read in Mother
Jones'
article on the subject.) People who used to dig their own wells, are
now
stuck with BUYING

You missed my "just being facetious" response ;)

Phisherman[_3_] 21-05-2009 03:25 PM

Seeds

I buy various seed brands. I wish I could purchase Shaker seeds, but
recently I was looking for flat-leaf parsley seeds at Home Depot. They
had Ferry Morse (1.89) or Burpee (1.09) for a packet. The amount of
seeds was not important, so I bought the Burpee which contained more
seeds than I need (I will save most of these for next year). To my
surprise the Burpee packet contained a smaller sealed foil packet to
keep the seeds fresh. Never seen this before, but I give Burpee a
thumbs up for packaging. I will have to see how many of the 55 seeds
germinate in the 10" pot.

silvrsteln 01-02-2011 04:27 PM

I was thinking about this a little bit, that I will touch on a little thing. I know a
The former relationship has no hope, the other said casually he said the use of pesticides and herbicides to appease him neighbors. Casually. As for the difference if it does not!

greggausttin 03-02-2011 10:21 PM

Seed sowing is the first step towards gardening. Gardening is a beautiful habit and hobby to follow as it gives content to the heart and peace to the mind. Even I have a small garden in my backyard but it is a pond garden.