Old 15-05-2009, 11:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default 650 ml Jim Beam bottles useless

No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and plastic crews
caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

Water tight? pmsl, not likely.

Nah, chuck the *******s out for recycling. If you want it in glass, use the
750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops secured with a proper bottle capper.

Fkn screw top bottles and screw tops, as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Useless pile of shite.

Just my observation

rob

Old 15-05-2009, 12:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ed Ed is offline

On 15/05/09 11:24, George.com wrote:
No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and plastic crews
caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

Water tight? pmsl, not likely.

Nah, chuck the *******s out for recycling. If you want it in glass, use
the 750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops secured with a proper bottle
capper.

Fkn screw top bottles and screw tops, as much use as a chocolate
fireguard. Useless pile of shite.

Just my observation

rob

Hey Rob mate... what r u on about?

Here , in UK, Jim Beam bourbon comes in glass bottles with screw cap.
No plastic.

When finished, just recycle da bottles and buy fresh supply!

Ed

Old 15-05-2009, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
news
On 15/05/09 11:24, George.com wrote:
No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and plastic crews
caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

Water tight? pmsl, not likely.

Nah, chuck the *******s out for recycling. If you want it in glass, use
the 750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops secured with a proper bottle
capper.

Fkn screw top bottles and screw tops, as much use as a chocolate
fireguard. Useless pile of shite.

Just my observation

rob

Hey Rob mate... what r u on about?

Here , in UK, Jim Beam bourbon comes in glass bottles with screw cap. No
plastic.

yes, exactly the same with these bottles. The shitey plastic screw caps
don't properly seal the reused glass bottles. A load of ******** for
bottling cider. As much use as a fart in a space suit. Useless pile of
shite.

As said above, use the 750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops

rob

Old 15-05-2009, 01:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ed Ed is offline

On 15/05/09 12:53, George.com wrote:

[...]

Rob,

I thought Jim Beam was bourbon, not beer? They now selling beer in nz?

Ed

Old 15-05-2009, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

"George.com" wrote in
:

No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and
plastic crews caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

no Rob, you *need* to use non-screw bottles & a capper. screw top
any kind of bottle can't be used for bottling cider or beer.
can't you buy a case or two of bottles, a capper & a pound of caps?
if not, you're kinda wasting your time trying to brew anything...
lee

Old 15-05-2009, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"George.com" wrote:

No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and plastic crews
caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

Water tight? pmsl, not likely.

Nah, chuck the *******s out for recycling. If you want it in glass, use the
750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops secured with a proper bottle capper.

Fkn screw top bottles and screw tops, as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Useless pile of shite.

Just my observation

rob

In France, sparkling cider is cork finished.
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4

Old 16-05-2009, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

bottling cider! not beer.

Jim Beam is bourbon, it is also crap. I much prefer scotch.

rob

Old 16-05-2009, 06:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

"enigma" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote in
:

No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and
plastic crews caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

no Rob, you *need* to use non-screw bottles & a capper.

As I have discovered. It is fortunate that I have several crates of proper
bottles, not the shitey Jim Beam types, that will nicely hold 3/4 of a litre
of nice tasty cider. I will nicely content with the recycle man throwing
them in his truck on Monday, that'll teach the *******s to be **** poor
cider recepticles. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

rob

Old 16-05-2009, 06:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

"George.com" wrote in message

"enigma" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote in
:

No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and
plastic crews caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

no Rob, you *need* to use non-screw bottles & a capper.

As I have discovered. It is fortunate that I have several crates of proper
bottles, not the shitey Jim Beam types, that will nicely hold 3/4 of a
litre of nice tasty cider. I will nicely content with the recycle man
throwing them in his truck on Monday, that'll teach the *******s to be
**** poor cider recepticles. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

rob

by the way, I blame you Charlie, its all your fault!

rob

Old 16-05-2009, 08:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"George.com" wrote:

"enigma" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote in
:

No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and
plastic crews caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

no Rob, you *need* to use non-screw bottles & a capper.

As I have discovered. It is fortunate that I have several crates of proper
bottles, not the shitey Jim Beam types, that will nicely hold 3/4 of a litre
of nice tasty cider. I will nicely content with the recycle man throwing
them in his truck on Monday, that'll teach the *******s to be **** poor
cider recepticles. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

rob

Remember to eyeball and sniff the bottles for cleanliness. If there is
any crud in them be sure to wash them out. If (or when) they are clean,
soak in chlorinated water (you can smell the chlorine or 65ml/5 gal.
bucket [ 19L]) for twenty minutes (for any junkies out there, this
works on needles too, 'cept to keep it simple, just soak in straight
bleach for the twenty minutes, then rinse with sterile water [D.I.
water]and the needle is sterile. I'm not advocating I just don't want
anyone to get sick.). Rinse with clean tap water (remove any screens on
faucets). Use bottles as soon as you like.

Old 16-05-2009, 10:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dav Dav is offline

I use & reuse 750 wine bottles with screw caps & love them.
Dav

Old 16-05-2009, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Remember to eyeball and sniff the bottles for cleanliness. If
there is any crud in them be sure to wash them out. If (or when)
they are clean, soak in chlorinated water (you can smell the
chlorine or 65ml/5 gal. bucket [ 19L]) for twenty minutes
(for any junkies out there, this works on needles too, 'cept to
keep it simple, just soak in straight bleach for the twenty
minutes, then rinse with sterile water [D.I. water]and the
needle is sterile. I'm not advocating I just don't want anyone
to get sick.). Rinse with clean tap water (remove any screens on
faucets). Use bottles as soon as you like.

we use an oxygen bleach. it's easier on the clothes/skin of the
bottle washer. i dunno if it works on needles because i toss needles
after one use. they cost about 18 cents each & i really really hate
sticking an animal with a dull needle (and they're not so sharp the
2nd use. i used to work for a place that was so cheap they reused
needles until they wouldn't go through the skin. you could *tell* it
was hurting the animals!)
we rinse with sanitizer & store upside down if not using
immediately.
lee
Old 16-05-2009, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in :

By the way, do you have pear trees? Peary is very good
stuff.......

or peach trees? mobby is also yummy & almost no one makes it anymore.
Jefferson was fond of peaches & mobby.
lee
Old 17-05-2009, 02:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in :

On Sat, 16 May 2009 20:45:33 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

or peach trees? mobby is also yummy & almost no one makes it
anymore. Jefferson was fond of peaches & mobby.

Whoa Nelly! That sounds really, really good. A quick google
showed no recipe, but I am assuming one would proceed as with
cider? Any particular yeast, or one that you would be satisfied
with for cider?

pretty much...
the recipe you found looks about right.

Should be really easy to press juice from peaches and should be
lots of it.

yup.

Oh hell, now I'm wondering about apricots? That would be
superb!! (go for it, rob, I hope it drives you nucking futz)

apricots are a bit drier than peaches, but it should work. might
want a lighter honey.
are we being mean to rob?

Thankee, thankee, thankee

no problem. it is my firm belief that mobby should be better known

lee