GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Problems with Mccullough Trimmac 210 petrol strimmer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/183686-problems-mccullough-trimmac-210-petrol-strimmer.html)

Andrew McGowan 16-05-2009 06:08 PM

Problems with Mccullough Trimmac 210 petrol strimmer

Hi,

I bought a Mccullough Trimmac 210 petrol strimmer off eBay. The owner said it hadn't had much use in recent times so I changed the fuel. It said to use 40-1 so I put 100ml of oil,which I got free with another petrol tool, into 4 litres of petrol. It started ok and worked for 5 mins but then started making slightly unusual noises. It eventually conked out and doesn't start now. PLEASE HELP. Hope I haven't f---ed another strimmer up.

Andy