GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bulk seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/184519-bulk-seed.html)

M.E. 06-06-2009 11:04 PM

bulk seed

I'd like to buy bulk seed for a large garden (110 x 150ft). Does
anyone know of a good online company? Also, I'll need organic
fertilizer for a large area.

brooklyn1 06-06-2009 11:26 PM

bulk seed

"M.E." wrote
I'd like to buy bulk seed for a large garden (110 x 150ft). Does
anyone know of a good online company? Also, I'll need organic
fertilizer for a large area.

Go to your local Agway.

JonquilJan 06-06-2009 11:35 PM

bulk seed

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"M.E." wrote
I'd like to buy bulk seed for a large garden (110 x 150ft). Does
anyone know of a good online company? Also, I'll need organic
fertilizer for a large area.

Go to your local Agway.

Try Fedco. A bit past their order times but check them out for next year.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

brooklyn1 07-06-2009 01:28 AM

bulk seed

"JonquilJan" wrote in message
.. .

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"M.E." wrote
I'd like to buy bulk seed for a large garden (110 x 150ft). Does
anyone know of a good online company? Also, I'll need organic
fertilizer for a large area.

Go to your local Agway.

Try Fedco. A bit past their order times but check them out for next year.

Past time depends on growing zone... Agway where I live has bulk seed in
stock from well before planting time to well after, people plant at
different times depending on elevation. We don't know where the OP resides
or what the OP intends to plant. To be perfectly frank I can't imagine that
someone with nearly a 1/3 acre garden has to ask where to buy seed... seems
to me they'd be able to tell us.

JonquilJan 07-06-2009 02:10 AM

bulk seed

brooklyn1" wrote in message

"JonquilJan" wrote in message
.. .

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"M.E." wrote
I'd like to buy bulk seed for a large garden (110 x 150ft). Does
anyone know of a good online company? Also, I'll need organic
fertilizer for a large area.

Go to your local Agway.

Try Fedco. A bit past their order times but check them out for next
year.

Past time depends on growing zone... Agway where I live has bulk seed in
stock from well before planting time to well after, people plant at
different times depending on elevation. We don't know where the OP
resides or what the OP intends to plant. To be perfectly frank I can't
imagine that someone with nearly a 1/3 acre garden has to ask where to buy
seed... seems to me they'd be able to tell us.

Fedco is not a year round supplier as far as their stock is concerned.
Orders go in early - January and February - then shipped out for growing
season. Later orders depend on excess stock when/if available. They
specialize in organic and heritage type varities. But there is also Moose
tubers (potatoes - onions) and bulbs (fall planted) and trees and shrubs
(including fruit bearing as well as ornamentals) If you live in their area
(Maine) there is even pickups available. It is an interesting and
informative site even if you don't order.

www.fedcoseeds.com

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 07-06-2009 02:44 AM

bulk seed

"M.E." wrote in message
I'd like to buy bulk seed for a large garden (110 x 150ft). Does
anyone know of a good online company? Also, I'll need organic
fertilizer for a large area.

The Diggers Club does large packets of good quality seed but not knowing
where you are this may not help as they are based in Victoria Australia.
Also international mail order of seed can be problematical due to quarantine
regulations in some places.

How large is that area? You could be looking at a few tons, how far are you
prepared to transport your compost, manure, rock powder etc? Or is this not
what you understand by "organic fertiliser"?

David