Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2009, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Greenhouses

I'm in a quandary. We want a greenhouse. One of the nice ones cost about
$10,000 for the size we want. I can make the metal structure (I'm a welder)
with even curved top pieces instead of PVC, but would consider PVC as it is
much cheaper than steel. I'm having trouble finding clear (or nearly clear)
visqueen with fabric molded in, but will locate some of that. I have a
walking foot upholstery sewing machine, so I can make all the panels,
complete with grommets, snaps, and zippers. I know I can build this for a
whole lot less than $10k.

Anyone have experiences of making their own greenhouses they'd like to
share? Particularly woven poly? Suppliers I've found have like 10,000 sf
minimums.

How about overhead hanging drip mist watering systems? In-line fertilizer
dispensers? Heaters? Raised boxes for small crops like herbs and such?
Other things?

Ramble on about what you know. I'm listening.

Steve

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ?? Mark Hill Bonsai 5 12-03-2003 03:44 PM
Are double glazed greenhouses feasible ?? gray United Kingdom 6 08-02-2003 09:08 PM
Greenhouses Alison United Kingdom 0 06-02-2003 04:27 PM
Greenhouses CK United Kingdom 0 04-02-2003 08:53 AM
Greenhouses Julie Gardening 2 02-02-2003 06:34 PM