GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Collecting autumn leaves & council spraying weeds in gutter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/184725-collecting-autumn-leaves-council-spraying-weeds-gutter.html)

George.com 13-06-2009 12:56 PM

Collecting autumn leaves & council spraying weeds in gutter

A workmate is putting together some raised vege gardens so I have been
collecting leaf fall for her around the frosts and thunder storms.

On my way to work a couple of days ago I watched a council worker spraying
weeds along the gutters. He went along spraying whatever was there,
including a big pile of leaves. I shook my head. The start of winter and a
few days after heavy frosts, things won't be growing prolificly. Later that
day we got rain. The next day a street sweeping truck came along and swept
all the gutters clean. A waste of time spraying I thought.

rob