GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hi there (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/184768-hi-there.html)

Lisa[_4_] 14-06-2009 01:31 PM

Hi there

Hi I am Lisa and I am new to this group. I hope to get some ideas for
my garden and meet people here that love to spent their time in the
garden like me.
Lisa

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 16-06-2009 05:17 AM

Hi there

Lisa wrote:
Hi I am Lisa and I am new to this group. I hope to get some ideas for
my garden and meet people here that love to spent their time in the
garden like me.
Lisa

Welcome!

A word of caution - should you be attacked by fanatics here don't take it
personally, it's usenet and standard procedure.

Take the best that you find in any of the posts here, neither the extremists
from the organic side (chanting om under a full moon naked while sowing
blessed seed and waving a cow's horn of manure) nor the technology bound
(whatever don't kill you makes you stronger so suck up them GMOs and spray
til your arms turn to rubber) crew are 100% wrong all the time.

David

Billy[_7_] 16-06-2009 07:09 AM

Hi there

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Lisa wrote:
Hi I am Lisa and I am new to this group. I hope to get some ideas for
my garden and meet people here that love to spent their time in the
garden like me.
Lisa

Welcome!

A word of caution - should you be attacked by fanatics here don't take it
personally, it's usenet and standard procedure.

Take the best that you find in any of the posts here, neither the extremists
from the organic side (chanting om under a full moon naked while sowing
blessed seed and waving a cow's horn of manure) nor the technology bound
(whatever don't kill you makes you stronger so suck up them GMOs and spray
til your arms turn to rubber) crew are 100% wrong all the time.

David

Speaking of which, chanting om under a full moon naked while sowing
blessed seed, we let the fertility festival get right by us this year.
Nothing like a good roll in the garden to get nature in tune, or I
suppose you could go measure milliliters of this, and weigh milligrams
of that. Which team would you rather be on?

Yee ha, organic gardening (clothing optional), yee ha. No denying the
fecundity of nature.

Tubers up! Yee ha.

Just don't scare the horses ;O)

Yee ha!
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Zunx_goz4

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/2...ra_hass_on_the

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 17-06-2009 12:36 AM

Hi there

Billy wrote:
Speaking of which, chanting om under a full moon naked while sowing
blessed seed, we let the fertility festival get right by us this year.
Nothing like a good roll in the garden to get nature in tune, or I
suppose you could go measure milliliters of this, and weigh milligrams
of that. Which team would you rather be on?

Yee ha, organic gardening (clothing optional), yee ha. No denying the
fecundity of nature.

Tubers up! Yee ha.

Just don't scare the horses ;O)

Yee ha!

My grandpa used to say there's nothing like a good fertility ritual. He
also said "t anzer loys in t zoil". Smart old bugger.