GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT? Thinking can be dangerous (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/185010-ot-thinking-can-dangerous.html)

Mycosimian 22-06-2009 02:57 AM

OT? Thinking can be dangerous

I was out watering my toms, roses, and geraniums this morning and as I
drug the hose around the corner of the house, it became stuck on
something. So, complaining to myself all the while, I went to see what
the $&@% was going on.

Well, all my dragging back and forth had created a kink and a loop
which were snugly joined. Then a gear creaked and something clicked. I
thought, "This hose is a lot like me, mostly hung-up on self."

brooklyn1 22-06-2009 04:32 AM

"Mycosimian" wrote:

I was out watering my toms, roses, and geraniums this morning and as I
drug the hose around the corner of the house, it became stuck on
something. So, complaining to myself all the while, I went to see what
the $&@% was going on.

Well, all my dragging back and forth had created a kink and a loop
which were snugly joined. Then a gear creaked and something clicked. I
thought, "This hose is a lot like me, mostly hung-up on self."

Actually in the US Navy those kinks/loops in lines and hoses are refered to
as *assholes*... just for your information. If yoose don't believe ask any
bosn's mate (boatswain's mate). I'm pretty sure that nomenclature is true
for all navies, and have been for hundreds of years, likely thousands of
years. Those loops and kinks are very dangerous, many a sailer has gotten
caught up in one and has been killed, still occurs all the time. I'm glad
you looked around the corner, had you kept heaving you could have choked a
pet or child. Always stow your lines and hoses carefully, assholes kill.

Mycosimian 22-06-2009 05:12 PM

On Jun 21, 10:32*pm, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"Mycosimian" wrote:

[...]

I guess I've got about a quarter century of dragging to make up for
and have only recently started paying attention. It's gonna take some
time to get all the assholes worked out. Lord knows I only need one.

Thanks for the insight.