GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID Please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/185456-id-please.html)

brooklyn1 04-07-2009 10:43 PM

ID Please

I like it but I've no idea what it is:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpg

Thanks.

Charles[_1_] 04-07-2009 10:54 PM

ID Please

http://www.plantcare.com/encyclopedi...e-plant-8.aspx

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1821/

Gloria P 04-07-2009 10:59 PM

ID Please

brooklyn1 wrote:
I like it but I've no idea what it is:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpg

Thanks.

Google:
Chenille Plant, Red-Hot Cattail
Acalypha hispida'

Yours is a very healthy looking specimen.
Typically as many others, it's a houseplant in a
temperate climate but grows as a perennial
shrub in the tropics.

gloria p

brooklyn1 05-07-2009 01:41 AM

ID Please

wrote:

I like it but I've no idea what it is:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpg

Thanks.

http://www.plantcare.com/encyclopedi...e-plant-8.aspx

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1821/

Thank you. I guess it won't grow in my climate as a perennial. It's a
gorgeous plant.

brooklyn1 05-07-2009 01:43 AM

ID Please

"Gloria P" wrote in message
brooklyn1 wrote:
I like it but I've no idea what it is:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpg

Thanks.

Google:
Chenille Plant, Red-Hot Cattail
Acalypha hispida'

Yours is a very healthy looking specimen.
Typically as many others, it's a houseplant in a
temperate climate but grows as a perennial
shrub in the tropics.

gloria p

Thank you. My tenant is a school teacher who works at a plant nursery
summers.... it's her plant. Too bad it won't endure the Catskill winters.

FarmI 05-07-2009 08:42 AM

ID Please

"brooklyn1" wrote in message
"Gloria P" wrote in message
brooklyn1 wrote:

I like it but I've no idea what it is:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpg

Chenille Plant, Red-Hot Cattail
Acalypha hispida'

Thank you. My tenant is a school teacher who works at a plant nursery
summers.... it's her plant. Too bad it won't endure the Catskill winters.

I was just admiring my Ma-in-laws same plant variety on the weekend. she
has grown in in her last 4 houses as a pot plant and she's manged to keep it
alive for the last 10 years that she has lived in a very frosty climate.
She has it outside but growing in a roofed 3 sided small verandah.