Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Banana trees are great house plants

A month ago I got some Banana trees I bought from a company at
http://eburgess.com/detail.asp?pid=1289&nav=hps, they grow fast.
You can actually see them grow. These are indoor only plants and
come in small starter pots that need to be transplanted when you
get them. In three years you get 5 inch bananas. They only cost
$3.99 each, 2 for $7.50 or 3 for $10.50. I got three.

I thought someone might be interested.

After I ordered these I found some outdoor Banana trees that grow
good up to the Texas Oklahoma state line so I bought two 3 year old
plants. I got them Friday and planted them Saturday. I didn't check
them until today and they have already grown a little. I'm happy.
You can see them at
http://www.willisorchards.com/produc...i+Banana+Plant

There is a map on each plant page that shows a colored area where
they will grow well. The kind I got is wind resistant.

I think I'll drive to town and get a banana split.

Mysterious Traveler

Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Mysterious Traveler" wrote:

A month ago I got some Banana trees I bought from a company at

Bananas don't grow on trees, they grow on herbaceous plants.

--= Best Bananas =--

What to do with those extra bananas before they over ripen; freeze!
Remove peel, roll banana in waxed paper, twist ends and place in freezer.
This makes a wonderful healthful treat, loved by kids and adults alike...
especially nice to watch the gals tackle one. heheh

Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Mysterious Traveler" wrote:

A month ago I got some Banana trees I bought from a company at

Bananas don't grow on trees, they grow on herbaceous plants.

--= Best Bananas =--

What to do with those extra bananas before they over ripen; freeze!
Remove peel, roll banana in waxed paper, twist ends and place in freezer.
This makes a wonderful healthful treat, loved by kids and adults alike...
especially nice to watch the gals tackle one. heheh

Why is it especially nice to watch gals tackle one, heheh, Shelly?
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn

[IMG] code is On

great items for you lawn decorating plus great selection of bird houses carol pritt Lawns 1 12-05-2009 10:23 AM
log on to this page for great information on the TOPIC!! It's really great!!! farhaj Plant Science 5 28-03-2007 02:51 AM
log on to this page for great information on the TOPIC!! It's really great!!! farhaj Plant Science 1 27-03-2007 08:38 PM
Banana Trees bud North Carolina 3 22-07-2006 10:24 PM
Some great NEW products... and a great Bonus ordering opportunity! Earl Buchan Gardening 0 21-03-2003 06:08 PM