Old 11-07-2009, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plants droop in the hot sun

Some plants, especially the broccoli. Perks up afterward and it's developing
normally. It's mulched like crazy and the soil's nice & damp and of perfect
tilth. 80 degrees, sunny. Lots of rain in previous days.

I seem to recall reading many years ago that this drooping routine can be
due to some sort of mineral or nutrient imbalance. Anyone have any insight
about this?

Or, it's normal and never mind.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Some plants, especially the broccoli. Perks up afterward and it's
developing normally. It's mulched like crazy and the soil's nice & damp
and of perfect tilth. 80 degrees, sunny. Lots of rain in previous days.

I seem to recall reading many years ago that this drooping routine can be
due to some sort of mineral or nutrient imbalance. Anyone have any insight
about this?

Or, it's normal and never mind.

Broccoli being a cool weather crop this is perfectly normal, drooping is
symptomatic of the plant conserving moisture in overly hot temperatures. If
the temperature remains elevated for a prolonged period it would be helpful
to provide some shade.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:08:31 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Some plants, especially the broccoli. Perks up afterward and it's developing
normally. It's mulched like crazy and the soil's nice & damp and of perfect
tilth. 80 degrees, sunny. Lots of rain in previous days.

I seem to recall reading many years ago that this drooping routine can be
due to some sort of mineral or nutrient imbalance. Anyone have any insight
about this?

Or, it's normal and never mind.

It doesn't like the heat. If it's 80 degrees in the shade, it is 90
degrees in the sun.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Some plants, especially the broccoli. Perks up afterward and it's
developing
normally. It's mulched like crazy and the soil's nice & damp and of
perfect
tilth. 80 degrees, sunny. Lots of rain in previous days.

I seem to recall reading many years ago that this drooping routine can be
due to some sort of mineral or nutrient imbalance. Anyone have any insight
about this?

Or, it's normal and never mind.

It doesn't like the heat. If it's 80 degrees in the shade, it is 90
degrees in the sun.

OK (to both of you). I have a large wooden frame "strung" with dark window
screen, usually used for lettuce. Up it goes.

Old 23-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] View Post
Some plants, especially the broccoli. Perks up afterward and it's developing
normally. It's mulched like crazy and the soil's nice & damp and of perfect
tilth. 80 degrees, sunny. Lots of rain in previous days.

I seem to recall reading many years ago that this drooping routine can be
due to some sort of mineral or nutrient imbalance. Anyone have any insight
about this?

Or, it's normal and never mind.
Hello,
It doesn't like the heat.If the temperature remains elevated for a prolonged period it would be helpful to provide some shade.
http://Garden-Planters.com

[IMG] code is On

Litchfield Angel - Heavy Bud Droop Doug99 Roses 0 23-06-2015 09:14 PM
Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 12:38 PM
Growers Droop... Golden Bulbs United Kingdom 0 16-07-2004 01:36 PM
Physocarpus droop Andrew Thomson United Kingdom 3 01-06-2003 01:44 AM