Old 11-07-2009, 04:17 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,misc.rural,rec.gardens

Default Forget Anti-Freeze; Forget D-Con; Try Fly Bait

OK, the antifreeze is risky and the raccoons completely ignored the
treat of peanut butter and D-Con pellets. But I know that they made
their rounds last night because of the fresh piles of coon shit.

Google search reveals high praise for fly-bait, generic: methomyl,
brand: Golden Malrin. Poultry farmers swear by it. Mix a soft-drink
(not diet) with fly bait crystals in an aluminum pie plan. Raccoons
die within minutes, sometimes flopping into the plate. It *will* kill
anything that samples it, buy there are mixed opinions as to whether
cats or dogs would sample it. To be safe, I'll keep the damn dumb cat
inside or else locked-in on the screened-in deck.
Old 17-09-2016, 05:14 AM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,misc.rural,rec.gardens

replying to Way Back Jack, MamaMel wrote:
Did you try the Golden Malrin with soda mix and did it work? I have a colony
of groundhogs living under my shed/garden and destroying my veggies and yard!
I've put out bowl of apple cider mixed with antifreeze- don't know yet if it's
working...too soon to tell.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...it-684969-.htm

Old 17-09-2016, 05:14 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,misc.rural,rec.gardens

replying to MamaMel, Timely Dude wrote:
Wait seven years like Way Back Jack did and you won't have any groundhogs
either. I don't that they're that long lived.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...it-903713-.htm

Old 12-06-2019, 11:14 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,misc.rural,rec.gardens

replying to Way Back Jack, professor wrote:
What about skunks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-684969-.htm

[IMG] code is On

anti-freeze protection rb Lawns 1 23-01-2010 02:32 PM
Anti Oxidant & Anti Ulcer from Mango Ginger [email protected] Plant Science 0 16-03-2006 03:56 PM
nasty prickly anti cat anti burglar hedges PhilBoy United Kingdom 35 03-02-2005 12:46 PM
any help please,,, White fly,,, green fly and black fly gARY United Kingdom 0 30-04-2004 01:10 AM
Fly Away and similar carrots supposedly resistant to root fly Steve Harris United Kingdom 2 02-01-2004 01:12 PM